Can't log in when I'm in preview mode of Beatport and Beatsource

I can’t log in to Beatport/Beatsource when I’m in preview mode, every time after I click the log in button, nothing happened, no log in page. The only way that works is to delete the app from my iPad and re install it. But I’m tired of always doing this kinda back & forth, especially because I don’t wanna analyze all my tracks again and again! Any one have faced this kinda problem or have a solution for this? Is this some sort of bug of version 4.0.13? I have to wait for update to solve it?

Hey @Mister_X ,

Thank you for reporting this here in the Community. Writing to confirm we are currently working on a fix.

In the meantime, could you please confirm if you experience the same with a different iOS or MacOS device, if you have a chance to test this? It’ll help us further clarify the nature of this issue.

We’ll be on the lookout for you reply. Cheers!

No I don’t have another device😂

Hey @Mister_X ,

Thanks for confirm and apologies for the late reply, as we continue tackling this issue and working on a solution.

In the meantime, could you please check that you have an active subscription here while you’re logged on the website:

Cheers!

Hi there. I am having this exact same issue. It is to say the least, frustrating. I get a “You are in preview mode.”. When I click either Log In option it states “Login is currently unavailable”. I am currently experiencing this on my Macbook Air and iPhone. For some reason it is working fin on my iPad Air. I have an active subscription to Beatport.