Changing cue buttons' color on Kontrol S3 + Fx section

Hi there !
I’ve just got the NI Kontrol S3 and want to use it with Djay Pro AI on my iPad but got a few issues.

There is already an official mapping that gives quite a lot of features but some are missing like all the FX section (select, assign and tweaking for instance). I can map instant Fx to the pads but… would be nice to be able to use all of this amazing controller possibilities.

But my biggest concern is : how can I change the color of the cue pads to match those on screen (blue, orange, etc…) as it only shows blue blue blue on the pads. Tried to play with the min/max values slides and other but no success so far.

Thanks for your help and have a great day !

Gric

No one ? no possibility to change the colors ???

Hi @gric,

Thank you for your post and apologies for the delay.

I’ve gone ahead and passed along your inquiry to our QA Team for review. I will keep you updated with their findings and hope to be the bearer of good news sooner rather than later!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help, I hope they’ll find a solution !

Have a great day !

Gric

Hi ! Hope you’re doing good.
Any update on the possibility of having different colors on the cue buttons for my Kontrol S3 (and the ability to use the effects section as well) ?

Thanks

Gric

@gric you can try manually changing the LED colors by editing the default MIDI mapping. I explain how in another thread:

Hi,

Thanks for the info but I’ve tried it already before and all I get when I slide and change the min/max values are off-dark blue-light blue-bright blue… no other color.

Is a fix or another way possible ?

Thanks and have a great day !

Gric

@gric then those buttons might be single color LEDs and not RGB. I don’t have this controller so I cannot check it myself.

@gric have you connected your S3 to a laptop running Traktor to confirm that the performance pads have multiple color options?

@Slak_Jaw They do have rgb in traktor, as the S2 mk3 too. But in Djay Pro, there is the state:

127 to 90 = light blue
89 to xx = dark blue
xx to 1 = darkest blue
0 = off

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.