Crashes with iPad

So is it safe to assume that the Djay keeps closing due to a software issue with the i-pad pro. I am still waiting for a response back to my reports from algorithm.

When I restart my I-pad it seems to work longer before the issue arises again. I have the newest version of the app and I use sound cloud and stored music in my file folders on the I-pad.:man_shrugging:t6:

Hi @Dj_flash, have you reported this issue in another thread in the Community or only directly through the Contact Support email? Also can you share the email address you used to contact support in a DM so
I can follow up on your ticket? Thanks!

I used coreycarter@hotmail.com as the email address for the issue. I submitted the data reports correctly and received a response that the issue was properly assigned a ticket. No response yet.

The issue continues to linger as I have tried most suggestions on the threads that are similar. Except replacing the I-pad itself.

1 Like

Hi @Dj_flash, I’ve moved this to its own topic so we can troubleshoot it properly.
Please share specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”.

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

Can you please also try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

The information requested is below.

I-pad Pro = 11in second generation / Model number = MY252LLA . Brought in 2019.
Operating System = ( IOS 17.61
Version of Djay = (5.2.3)
Controller used = ( Pioneer DDJ- SB3

Issue is still happening. I am considering using Djay Pro on a lap top instead of the i-pad. If I log in to djay pro on a laptop, will all my play list appear that I have created? I use sound cloud and tidal as streaming.

2 Likes

Hi @Dj_flash, I spoke with our support team and they were unable to locate an open ticket with your crash reports. Can you please submit a new one using the procedure below so the engineering team can review your crash reports in more detail?

1. Open the djay app on your device.
  2. Navigate to Settings>Contact Support.
  3. Fill out the submission form and title your email “ATTN: MARIE – “Crashes with iPad” in the provided subject line.

As for switching to your laptop, if your playlists are in the My Collection source of djay, you will need to manually copy the djay Media Library file from your iPad to your Mac. If your playlists are simply in the Tidal and SoundCloud sources, they should show up when you log into these streaming services in djay. Thanks!

Hi @Dj_flash, I’m just following up on my message above from a week ago…

Thanks for the e-mail. I found out through my first tech ticket that the issue is with the app. It’s a software related problem. I am waiting for the next version of the app to fix the issue.

The techs were able to reproduce the issue.

Okay great. Thanks for the follow up. I will consider this topic closed then.