Crossfader FX and Old Automix Behaviour

Hello everyone,
I have now updated to the new version 5.
The crossfader function that worked before no longer works.

Example:
Under Settings / Automix
I was able to set the fader “Fade” up to 32 bars. The “transition” when changing tracks with “>” or “<” worked perfectly.
No matter what I have now set in this setting - the new crossfader function including filer is always used when changing tracks with “>” or “<”.

Can I switch off the “NEW” crossfader function again so that I can use the crossfader as before the update and the automix settings work?

This is one of the most important functions for me so far, which now no longer works.

Can anyone help me here?

Thank you.
DJ Siggi

1 Like

Hi @DJSIGGI,

1. There are new controls for the Crossfader accessable at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
  2. You can turn the Crossfader FX OFF if you desire.
  3. The Mix Now button replaces the 2 arrows that used to be on either side of the Crossfader.
  4. You can also change the Auto-Transition Duration by adjusting the number of bars.
2 Likes

Hello Slak_Jaw,
thanks for the answer.

I have tried that - it does not work.
When I turn off the crossfader FX and then click “Mix Now” - the crossfader FX automatically turns on again.
That’s my problem - I don’t want the FX to be active. Is there an extra setting for this?
And … only a maximum of 16 bars can be set here. In the automix, 32 bars were possible :frowning:

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Greetings
DJ Siggi

1 Like

@DJSIGGI okay, that sounds like a bug to me. Crossfader FX should not come on by itself.

1. Are you using keyboard commands on your Mac or DJ hardware to perform the Transition?
  2. Are you running the latest 5.0.1 version?
  3. If so, can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive, and share a link to the video here? Then I’ll forward it to the dev team for review.
  4. Please also share your Mac hardware details, macOS version and details about any DJ hardware you are using. Thanks!
1 Like

Hello Slak_Jaw,

I am using the latest version 5.0.1
Macbook Pro; M1 CPU, 16 GB RAM, OS Ventura 13.6.1

When I move the crossfader with the external controller, the crossfader FX does not work.
However, if I click the arrow keys <> or “Mix…” in the pull-down menu, the crossfader FX is automatically activated.
You can find the video here:

https://lambertzcologne-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/siegfried_lambertz_koeln/EZfTKHZLpjxEh7dHoqxt_HoBsTURhgMAO8GjYB7bRVWs3w?e=39trrx

The second problem is that you can only select 16 bars and not 32.

It would be best if the settings of the automixer could be used as before the update.
Many thanks for your help

DJ Siggi

Thanks for the video @DJSIGGI, that’s very helpful. I figured out how to make it work on my iPad so hopefully it will work for you on macOS as well.

1. First, make sure that Automix is ON and playing.
  2. Then open the new Crossfader FX menu and press the Mix Now button.
  3. In my testing if Automix is not actually playing and you press the Mix Now button it will instead do a Crossfader FX mix instead of and Automix. Hopefully that makes sense.
1 Like

Hello @Slak_Jaw,
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. I’ll try to explain it in more detail:

Before the update 5.0.1 it was like this:
The automix is deactivated.
Under Settings / Automix you could set the following: Transition, Duration, Bars, Tempo.
If I pressed the “>” or “<” button in the current track, the crossfader ran automatically with the settings explained above. That was perfect. The automixer is not active in my example.

Now in the new version, the crossfader FX always switches on as soon as I start the crossfader.

This is a BUG! Or is it?

DJ Siggi

Addendum:
How can I reinstall the previous version?
The new one is not usable for me :frowning:
Greetings
Siggi

1 Like

@DJSIGGI

1. I understand what you’re after here. I don’t believe this is a bug, rather a change in behaviour to accommodate the new Crossfader FX.
  2. I have shared this with the engineering team and explained what you want. I’ll let you know what they say when I hear back from them.
  3. As for rolling back to the previous 4.x version of djay Pro, the only way to do this is with a backup recovery on your Mac through something like Time Machine.
1 Like

Hi @Slak_Jaw,
thanks for the quick feedback.
I’ll try to install the old version again :frowning:

I have noticed another big problem.
The CUE points are shifted on a not insignificant number of my tracks. Always half a bar offset.

It would be hours of work to restore this manually. Is there already a solution?

Greetings
Siggi

I heard back from engineering already! They are looking at some options to accommodate the old Automix behaviour alongside the new Crossfader FX tools. I’ll let you know when I have more news.

3 Likes

Can you please make a separate post about the cue points and share some screen shots? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw,
thank you for your great support.
Then I hope that the correction will follow - then I am HAPPY!!!
Thx
DJ Siggi

1 Like

Hi @Slak_Jaw,
yes, I will do that.
Thx
DJ Siggi

You’re welcome @DJSIGGI

2 Likes

“If I pressed the “>” or “<” button in the current track”
Where exactly you press these buttons? In automix option or different screen? There is only one “forward” button to manually run automix.
Thx for explaining in advance.

1 Like

I agree with with this suggestion!

Transitions
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 2.55.08 PM

When Crossfader FX are OFF.

• Transitions should use the Automix Settings (like they did before).
  • current behavior: Transitions temporarily turn Crossfader FX ON.

When Crossfader FX are ON and Automix is Active

• Transitions should use Crossfader FX.
  • current behavior: Transitions temporarily turns Crossfader FX OFF and uses the Automix Settings.

NOTES:

• manual/physical Crossfader behavior is working as expected (don’t need to change anything there).
3 Likes

Hi @BlackJack
I press the arrow key on the MacBook. When I do this, the crossfader FX is automatically activated. That’s exactly what I don’t want.

1 Like

Yes, exactly:

• when Crossfader FX are OFF, they should stay OFF
  • when Crossfader FX are ON, they should be used by the arrow key / crossfader Transitions.

Transitions
Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 2.55.08 PM

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Wisniewski

As I wrote earlier, if the crossfader FX is off and I press an arrow key, the crossfader FX automatically switches on and bypasses the settings in the automixer.
With version 4, the settings in the automixer always took effect. This no longer works.
There should be a switch where I can decide for myself what I want to use.
That would be perfect.

Thx
Siggi

3 Likes