Custom Looper packs

Hi @adrenal,

Are you looking to use custom loops on macOS, iOS, Windows or Android?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

1 Like

MacOS and eventually IOS, I believe! Would like it to be usable on both. Thanks for asking!

Hi @adrenal,

No worries! Thanks for the clarification.

We actually already have a thread on this which I will link to below.

I will be merging this thread with the one listed above for better management. Have a nice day!

WOW! Did this one get forgotten about, or has it been 3 years in development? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would be great to have this in the next version

2 Likes

Dear community,

I suggest to explore Neural Mix pro as a base for creating Looper packs and samples packs. It has so much potential. For @Algoriddim it could also become an entry point for all sample makers to enter into DJay Pro :wink:

Please see this post here : https://community.algoriddim.com/t/show-neural-mix-pro-some-love/18263

Like and vote the post for the idea to show some love to the great piece of software :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

what is the current status?

1 Like

As much as I dig DJAY for its intuitive interface and features, and I spent a year working with it and love all the Looper packs, I had to move over to Virtual DJ for its Custom Looping aspects. It also allows for saving your own beat matched loops easily into the Sampler. Yet i still find myself coming back to DJAY for its layout, FX and remixing on the fly, cause i’m more tuned into how it works… hmmm… maybe its time to Ableton Link these two beasts together for the ultimate monster mash!

1 Like

Actually, I guess you could just sync an App like Launchpad with Djay using Ableton Link as seen here: How To Connect Launchpad With Djay Pro - YouTube

Hello,

Integration with Roland and their 808 Drums as a paid looper would be ground breaking. It would enhance songs and be a win/win.

Just purchased the Pro version today and one of the first things I did was look at how to load my own custom looper produced by a DAW like Ableton Live or whatever. Disappointment of course however maybe there is a way? The issue seems to be users would not get it right and there could be synch problems.

How about an online tester? Type in your BPM that the clip is supposed to be, upload the clip and get a pass/fail result? This would insure compatibility wouldn’t it? Then a way would be needed to be created for a way to load the clips into Djay Pro AI.

1 Like

I use samples on different tracks. Try to use your samples in a loud and a quiet track: each time, the volumes will be shocking wrong. The Looper Pack has a button for faders, so I could mix my samples fitting each track.
That’s why I would use this feature, too.

1 Like

Without being able to load your own samples - I fail to see the point of the looper beyond a proof of concept “toy”.

I’m pulling the following from a thread I started 4 years ago.

We NEED a way of creating our own packs, either via a tool, manual loading / saving

Secondly when if this feature becomes available, to make it useful we then need a means of switching between packs without any stoppage.

For example we have two loop packs named “Pack A” and “Pack B”

Ch1 Slot 1 is playing a Drum loop from Pack A (this could be any number of channels active. )

If I select loop Pack B the music should not stop, that Ch1 Slot 1 from Pack A should continue to play.

When the loop is either stopped or a different sample on Ch1 is pressed (e.g slot 2) the sample from Pack A would then be unloaded and replaced with the New Ch1 Slot 1 sample from pack B.

This would enable true seamless playback across all loop packs essentially crossfading between loop slots.

7 Likes

I have wanted to post a topic about looper packs, but as I see the original post have been posted 3 years ago, and still not developed, not integrated into DJay Pro 5. They are listen! Great guys, another nice shot by you! Really, is that would be a hard to dev this basic feature?

Maybe the way forward for this is to allow integration of Plugins in DJay Pro Neural AI alongside the main decks? Then you could add whatever you liked in sync to your tracks.

I get that people want the built in Looper to load their custom packs. Just curious if using third party VST’s would be an acceptable work around to you all or not really?

Another idea would be to integrate something like Loop Cloud. Imagine if you could have your top 2-4 decks playing your Library, and the Looper is accessing sounds from online via Loop Cloud (or similar services), custom assigned to each button. I believe Loop Cloud can scan your user samples so maybe it would be possible that way?

1 Like

Hey all,

I moved to Djay from Serato and was super excited to see the loop grid resembling Ableton Live! Which, I thought, would replace the need to use Live in my hybrid sets… only to be disappointed to see that there is no customization options (yet, hopefully).
Please integrate this feature as soon as possible!

Upfront sorry if it seems like spamming, but this topic is extremely important to me and one of the key reasons I want to do the switch from serato (after almost 20 years, jesus christ), the other being wanting to move to iOS.
I’m not a programmer, but here’s an idea how this could be rather smoothly implemented.
It’s the Looper, right? So, why not introduce a feature where you could easily “import” loops that you make in decks mode inside Djay… just like you have saved loops, this could be an option - to send the current loop on a free pad in the looper.
The upgrade to this would be, that you can send a stem to the looper, let’s say you like the drums of that track, or the melodic part…
Would be an absolute game changer IMHO. And probably (have I mentioned that I’m not a programmer) relatively easily implemented? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I would like to add the following essential re-arranging options to the looper.

• I need to control the looper with midi. Midi knobs are scarce, so some form of customized mapping is needed to use it efficiently.

• My favorite loops from the packs are all on different track slots. You can map midi controls to track slots only, regardless used pack. E.g. from EDM1 I like kick 1,2,4 and from EDM2 2,5,6. I have 3 midi controls available for kicks. If you could rearrange the loops in the tracks, I could put my favorites all on the same slots that I use to map midi.

• I’m very ‘style flexible’, I would like to combine loops from several packs into one to use simultaneously without changing packs. See also above.

• Is there a midi mapping to toggle through the packs?

• Please keep the loop samples themselves simple. In the packs there are some very fancy loops that could be nice only in few cases, but to map these to my controller for general use is two bridges too far. My approach, use loops for simple basic rhythms, tracks 3/4 for more advanced looping / mashing.

Cheers, Bart.