DDJ-1000 djay Pro native support?

btw four MacBooks here including maxed out 2017 touchbar but with 2TB SSD instead :slight_smile: and if you do not know the technical talk how could you possibly understand what is actually going on at all… as nothing I said was techincal.

OK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm4giy4j7za…

In all fairness how does this differ from most other Pro audio/DJ software developer?

Serato? Pyro, Remote and Serato Video 64 bit Apple only.

Traktor? Traktor DJ AND iMaschine iOS only

DJ Player Pro? iOS & Mac only

Inklen? MixEmergency - Mac only

Algoriddim? Djay Pro 2 AND the New Djay - Mac & iOS only

Next Audio? Rekord Buddy Mac Only

ATGR? Djay Conversion Utility Mac only

Pioneer? Rekordbox Ver 2 (mobile) AND WeDJ iOS only

I can go on but I think the point has been made. As a matter of fact in my experience the only DJ software to seemingly put Mac & Windows on the same level is Atomix with VDJ.

Hi guys,

thank you for pushing the topic.

The DDJ 1000 is on our requested controller list and we will gather all posts about the integration.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

@Lukas E. Please hurry with this mapping if Virtual Dj 8 has the support I know you guys can get this out faster than this… Come on algoriddim let’s go…

1 Like

Virtual Dj has all kinds of different skins as far as looks if you don’t like how it looks put a skin on it. People don’t come to look at a DJs computer screen anyway, they come the enjoy the music at the end of the day. I’ve been using a skin that looks like Serato and it looks great to me on Virtual Dj. As I stated in the comment above Virtual Dj has Deezer and other paid subscriptions to choose and stream from. Also, you can save the music offline something you cant do with Djay pro. Deezer has more songs than Spotify, google it. I see you were just like me until you really dig down and look at Virtual Dj it’s really pretty good. But most importantly it has native support for the ddj-1000 isn’t that what this thread is about… I will post a picture on the skin below.

@Jules Kreis Doesn’t look ugly to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8yeW… Only thing I found is like in the youtube video the fx screen doesn’t light up to show the effects name, but the effects still work on the controller software base. It doesn’t have the low cut echo effect because I don’t believe it is built into the software. I also used the Spotizr to import my playlist from Spotify to Deezer it found 95% But I have a lot of playlists. I believe that was because I tried to import the entire thing at one time and something went wrong in the process. It skipped a few playlists. Hey! Great find on the update to Djay pro 2 getting native support for the DDJ-1000. I just checked the software for an update yesterday and it wasn’t one, but today it’s here so I guess none of this matters anymore better late than never I guess huh lol. Maybe this thread made them release the update asap.

Djay Pro 2.0.5 update…That’s Great News! It shows that they are working on it…

It needs work @Deejay Dave! Platters are not smooth, touch sensitivity is not their yet and beat effects doesn’t work at all. The wave on the screen I don’t care about at this point even tho everything is working flawlessly on Virtual Dj 8, but they have been working on getting this controller mapping for 3 months or so. So please don’t try to correct someone’s statement until you get a Mac and a DDJ-1000 to try it. Like I said at first, Great News! It shows that they are working on it… Keep up the good work Algoiddim Djay Pro 2 DDJ-1000 dev’s. I really want to see Djay pro 2 work flawless with this controller.

Pads maybe 90% I didn’t really play with the pads much, But the jog wheels need work. The dial doesn’t control the sensitivity it only controls the stiffness of the platters. If you turn the platters slow it doesn’t register with the software that it is turning. If you’re at the beginning of the song it will only spin back just a little if any before the song can start. You’re spinning the platters back to scratch in, but the software isn’t spinning as far as your pulling back on the jog wheels. But again I’m just glad to see it being worked on by Algoriddim for this software because I really like djay pro 2.

Hope to see the native support for this controller soon too :slight_smile:

I’m waiting too

can someone confirm that the controller is working for mac? Also, does it fully work, e.g. does the artwork come up on the middle of the jog wheels? what doesn’t work?

1 Like

no, it works, but partially and badly. It needs some real improvements. So sad to be forced to use rekordbox as DJay Pro2 does not handle the DDJ1000 anywhere near to properly.

sry but the look of virtual DJ is very ugly! and Spotify is very nice cause i track some songs with shazam when i ́m outside eveywhere and i can integrate it directly to spotify and then i open my DJ Pro at the next gig and tada songs are there :wink: never will miss this software and keep calm :smiley:

1 Like

its interesting :slight_smile: I m not interested in what the crowd is looking in my screen. Its more important me cause i watch the most of the time into the screen
but the screen what u send looks rly very similiar to serato :slight_smile:

and look what i found :smiley:
http://sync.spotizr.com/
“Import your Spotify account into Deezer in one click
Link, Sync and Enjoy your Music!”

Does anybody has experience with that?

And one another question:
Virtual DJ with the DDJ 1000 is fully native integrated? Everything is working also the LED on the turntables?

Release Notes
The history of djay Pro for Mac.
May 30, 2018
djay Pro 2.0.5
Added support for Pioneer DDJ-SB3, DDJ-SR2, DDJ-1000*, XDJ-RX2*, and Numark Party Mix
Added support for syncing cue points, loop regions, and saved EQs via iCloud with other Macs and iOS devices running the latest version of djay or djay Pro
Added improved beat-synchronized scrubbing through songs
Added user default setting to disable background cover blur
Added missing BPM display in 4 deck view when tools are hidden
Improved layout of 4 deck view with vertical waveforms
Improved saving of cue points to be immediately applied to other decks with the same song
Improved sorting performance with large media libraries
Improved song loading to allow loading a new song when another is currently loading on the same deck
Fixed cue-play behavior when triggering the same cue point simultaniously with multiple MIDI controller buttons
Fixed drag & drop of recordings onto decks not working
Fixed adding songs to “My Library” not working when using collection view layout
Fixed track metadata like cue points sometimes not being available for the same track loaded from different sources (e.g. from iTunes app)
Fixed artist not being shown for certain MP3 files
Fixed Spotify “Songs” list not being shown for accounts without any playlists
Fixed possible issue where loadings songs from Spotify playlists via drag & drop was not working
Fixed possible issue where playlists would unexpectedly scroll to the top
Fixed possible issue where search field was shown twice
Various fixes and improvements
* Note: some features are currently not supported by these specific devices: DDJ-1000 (waveforms on jog wheel displays) and XDJ-RX2 (performance pad LEDs)

Release Notes
The history of djay Pro for Mac.
May 30, 2018
djay Pro 2.0.5
Added support for Pioneer DDJ-SB3, DDJ-SR2, DDJ-1000*, XDJ-RX2*, and Numark Party Mix