DDJ-FLX10 Compatibility

Thanks for the bump @DJKamyR. I’ll pass this onto the official support team and ask them to follow up. Please note, that the support team has been very busy answering questions since the 5.2 release. Thanks for understanding!

1 Like

Thank you for your Support

You’re welcome @DJKamyR . Happy to help!

Hi again @DJKamyR, I spoke with our official support team and they saw that you were being helped here in the Community so they did not pursue this ticket further. Is there anything in this ticket that you feel is not being addressed here? Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: DDJ-FLX10 Hardware FX

A post was merged into an existing topic: DDJ-FLX10 Hardware FX

Is the FLX10 supposed to work with the ipad version of djay? its says flx10 is there but its not mapping anything…

Hi @Erphun, yes the FLX10 is supported on iOS.

1. Are you running the latest FLX10 firmware from the Pioneer website?
  2. How exactly are you connecting your iOS device to the FLX10?
  3. Can you please provide specific details about your setup?

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version:

Please also try closing djay, disconnecting all cables from your iOS device and following the procedure linked below to perform a Forced Restart of your iOS device:

1. iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. iPad: Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Thanks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: EQ Resetting when using Neural Mix CFX

Some of FLX-10’s parameters are still LOCKED with last update ( 5.21 ) unfortunately.
Really crossing my fingers to see this particular issue addressed someday :four_leaf_clover:
Beat FX is unusable as it is and i need those assignable parameters back in my life

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Black, can you please try to capture a video of the specific parameters that are locked along with your issues with Beat FX, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? This will help to clearly communicate things to the dev team. Thanks!

Hi Slak_Jaw, thanks for answering,
I’ll do a short footage asap.
My issue is simple:

Since 5.2, some knobs are inaccessible in midi configuration:
in midi configuration they don’t show up when toggling them on FLX-10.
Here’s the list of locked/unavailable knobs in midi conf:
All 6 Sound color FX
All 4 Color rotary knobs
FX Part Select
BEAT Auto & tap
LEVEL/DEPTH Rotary knob
Release FX

I just want to be able to RE-Assign them to functions i like better… like i do here with V.5.17

Thank you :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the details @Black. I’ve passed this onto engineering for review.

1 Like

Hi @Black, engineering is aware of this and looking into it further.

1 Like

To those that have the FLX10, a few questions with the new Djay release…

1. Does the stem buttons light up according to if the stems are active/inactive?
  2. Does Shift-Cue work to use the EQ as neural mix like with Rekordbox?
  3. Does Crossfader FX work?

Hey @djchase, happy to help you out here.

1. Does the stem buttons light up according to if the stems are active/inactive?

Yes. By default, none of the stems buttons are lit up. If you press one of them, that part is soloed and the button is lit up afterwards. This is the reverse behavior of Rekordbox, where all buttons are lit up by default and pressing them will remove that stem from the song.

1. Does Shift-Cue work to use the EQ as neural mix like with Rekordbox?

Works.

1. Does Crossfader FX work?

Works :+1:

2 Likes

@djjoejoe wow that’s great. So basically it’s full functionality minus seeing waveforms in the jog display. Further up in the thread, lotta people saying it’s not ready for prime time. Did those issues get resolved?

One last question - which beat and sound color effects work currently, and I’m a you do it on a specific channel or only master (like previously??

I think I’ll be trading in my XDJ-XZ for this. Really hard to go back to CDJs and XDJ units after playing around with Djay.

1 Like

Hi guys, what would you say? Is the latest version stable enough? Or should I stick with version 5.2.1 on IOS?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Pioneer FLX10 Sound Color FX Bug

@Slak_Jaw is there somewhere we should be adding a vote or a +1 for FLX10 jog wheel display waveform support? And jog wheel HID support at all on iOS?