DDJ FLX6 controller jog dial - touch - non responsive to DJ Pro AI

Hi Algoriddim team, i am using my Mac Book Pro with DJ Pro AI software and DDJ FLX 6, the problem comes in when i touch the top of the jog dial, i get no response and the track continues to play, and if i decide to try scratch or turn the jog dial in any direction it skips a few beats but not allowing me to move the track forward or backward…i hope my explanation is sufficient…so i can get help. I also tried the midi whereby it shows the mapping of all other movements besides when i touch the top of the jog…i thought it was the hardware, but it works fine with Serato and Rekord box, however i am not comfortable with those and all my Dj’s enjoy Dj Pro …please help please

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Dj_romy_fi,

Firstly, there is a major issue with re-wind/ fast forward using DJ Pro AI with FLX 6 and we pending the response from the Algoriddim IT team to check if there is a bug or is this not able to work at all

Secondly, there is no power button on the DDJ FLX 6 controller - so plug and play…your laptop power is what enables the power

Please see previous reply

I have djflx 6… The best solution is remapping the djflx 6… I can do scratching now with the turn table. The problem is I still suck on scratching the turn table​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi @moodley.mo,

Thank you for posting to the community! I understand how frustrating this can be.

Below are some tips that may be helpful to you in this scenario.

1. Have you checked the FLX6 manual to determine if your controller is in a Jog Cutter or Vinyl mode as suggested by @dj_romy_fi here?
  2. Have all of the plastics been taken off of the controller?
  3. Have you checked out this thread from a previous user as it may be of some help?

I would also be interested in hearing how exactly @Ianv2 mapped their FLX6 to work in their favor.

Looking forward to all replies!

Hi @Ianv2, please help me with the steps to re-map…since Algoriddim can
support with solution as yet

Thanks Dj Mo

Good day all, anyone having problems using DJ Pro with their DDJ-FLX6 whereby the scratch function on the jog wheel does not work or the track search re-wind or forwind don’t work… looking for some solutions please

Hi @moodley.mo,

Thanks for reaching out. Since you’ve already opened a bug report thread about this issue, I’ve moved your post to this already existing topic thread to keep things tidy on our Community. If you have additional questions or additional information you’d like to add about this issue, please do so on this thread. Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Emily,

Did Algoriddim find a solution to the bug?

Thanks

Moses

Hi @moodley.mo,

I wanted to follow up with you on this thread regarding your FLX6 issue.

There has not been a “fix” for this yet but I did want to share some Pioneer DJ links that may be of use to you in the mean time.

Pioneer DJ: Jog Wheel Functions
https://support.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/sections/4405902554393-Jog-Wheel-functions

What is Jog Cutter?

DDJ-FLX6 General FAQ
https://faq.pioneerdj.com/product.php?c=7356&lang=en&p=DDJ-FLX6&t=faq

We will update this thread accordingly when new information comes in. Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi Dj Romy, i am busy trying to remap and pulling my hair out as it is totally frustrating, you can try to go to midi function and touch the turntable to see if it brings you to the mapping and edit function whereby you have the chance to drop down the box and choose alternate function if allowed

Thank you for the response, if anyone from Algoriddim can perhaps share the Midi mapping codes then it will be helpful as it seems to be only with ddj flx6 that have major issues using the turntable…thanking you in advance

Hi @moodley.mo,

While we haven’t heard any new updates yet I wanted to share with you where you can find djay MIDI Mapping files.

Please follow the steps below to find said files.

1. Go to the Applications folder.
  2. Right click on the djay Pro AI application.
  3. Click on “Show Package Contents” in the drop down menu.
  4. Open the “Contents” folder.
  5. Open the “Resources” folder.
  6. Scroll down and open the “MIDI Mappings” folder.

There you will see all of the available MIDI Mapping files for djay’s natively supported controllers including the FLX6.

In the mean time, feel free to reach out with any other comments, questions or concerns!

Thank you for this info, let me give it a try…hopefully it can be a copy paste…most off all thank you for the feedback

Best regards
Mo

Any solution. Even when I map the job wheels as deck # then SCRATCH it’ll work then it won’t work. Is there another signal possibly with conflicting sends?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.