DDJ-Rev7 BPM Auto BPM

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: MacBook Pro M3 Chip
  • Version of operating system: Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: DDJ-Rev7

Your question/suggestion/feedback:
Hello, I’m using the most up to date version of djay Pro 5 for MacOS using a DDJ-Rev7 Controller. There seems to be an issue to where my control does not auto detect the bpm of a song with consistency. I often have to use the “tap” feature to sync the BPM with the current track and times when it does sync it always double times the BPM. For example, if I’m playing a song at 70 BPM my auto BPM will display 140. Is there a workaround for this or a way to sync it completely? I hope this made sense. Thanks!

Hi @nolendjs, I suspect this is a similar issue to the onboard BPM analysis of the Pioneer DJM-S11.

Hi again @nolendjs, can you please confirm what you mean? Is the BPM readout on the REV7 different that what djay Pro shows onscreen? Or is the issue that djay’s onscreen BPM is not correct? Thanks.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. The issue I’m having is the exact same one from the topic you shared with me!

1 Like

Okay thanks for confirming. I’ve reached out to the engineering team for confirmation, but I suspect this is going to be the same situation. At this time, there is no official means of overwriting the Pioneer BPM when communicating with djay.

Ok thanks, hopefully there will be a solution soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.