Denon SC Live Bugs

Hi @stormz94, thanks for sharing your issue with the SC Live VU Meters. I have moved this comment to its own topic so we can track this issue properly. Can you please share specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”.

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

Since this issue is repeatable, can you please try to capture a video of it, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? This will really help to clearly communicate the problem to our engineering team. Thanks!

thanks for creating its own topic

there are many other bugs i encountered and should i share them all here captured with video? ill do it tommorow

You’re welcome @stormz94. Yes, please list and share them all here. It would be great if you could demo them all in the video as well. If we need to, we can always move some of them to separate topics. Thanks!

no prob,ill do it tommorow with vids aswell

Perfect. Thanks @stormz94

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): 2021 Ipad Pro (m1 chip)

Version of operating system (ex. iOS
17.3.1): 17.5.1

Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3): 5.2.1

Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready): Denon Sc Live 4

Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7): 4.0

first of all sorry for bad lighting,i was in the club

1st bug

first video is self explanatory,vu meters on master stays the same(near max) no matter where master is,its near max even with master knob completely off anf stays the same even when all the way up

2nd bug?

ok so on my sc live my 1st channel fader died on me,i swapped chanels 1 and 2 on hardware to 3 and 4 (outer chanels)

so on software my 3rd chanel is completely mapped to be chanel 1(with gain,eq knobs and filter all mapped) however even tho my outer chanel is now chanel 1 vu meter of that channel is still being diaplayed on “real” channel 1…i wish chanel vu meter could follow whatever channel you map to be channel 1

3rd bug

ok so on 2nd deck changing fx parameters works as it should,however on deck 1 i can only change some really weird (2) parameters and as you can see on deck 1 my dub echo could only go to 1/16 and 4 beats while on 2nd deck it was all normal,its same with any other effects

hope i did this good,if im missing something let me know

1 Like

Hi @stormz94, how did you share the videos above? I’m unable to view or download them on my end.

i see it now…uploaded it to dropbox and then shared it with permisions and link

ill edit this post with link but ill remove one letter from it and then maybe you could see it

https://w ww.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y4xmfi5xxj6w9zw1jhpp3/Video-06.08.2024.-22-01-21.mov?rlkey=f7l547zbflsvj6wiftqv8o65t&dl=0

https://w ww.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vlxqvqfpjoiwipfrdjv6a/Video-06.08.2024.-22-33-53.mov?rlkey=xvj0d8qxykwtcuhpiqhvb2ygt&dl=0

https://w ww.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t8svk5pw408zm1rrgyay2/Video-06.08.2024.-22-03-07.mov?rlkey=duyykj9pivzlwf0yioxdd57nj&dl=0

addee space after first w in www

@stormz94 thanks for the video links. I have forwarded them to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @stormz94, I heard back from engineering regarding the issues you shared.

1. Bug 1: They were able to reproduce this and are investigating further.
  2. Bug 2: We have to manage the meters internally, since the SC Live doesn’t do it in computer mode. Since we’re doing this in code, it’s not possible to manually change it.
  3. Bug 3: we couldn’t reproduce this one. Is it possible that the you mapped something to the FX buttons, since you also tried to remap channel one to channel three?

Gotcha

about 3rd bug: i havent,its been like that since you guys added support for sc live and its been like that on default mapping

what i tried to to to somehow avoid it is to map fx filter(wash,noise etc) to change fx parameters

upper 2 to change left deck parameters and lower 2 to change right deck parameters

however somehow that doesnt work either because somehow when it changes parameters on fx1 it also turn fx3 on

didnt want to report that cuz have no clue what that is and its not in default mapping at all

but i reported that one because its being weird on me on default map

Okay, thanks for the additional info @stormz94

Hi again @stormz94, could you please repeat the steps to reproduce Bug 3 while using MIDI Monitor and to send us the MIDI messages? Thanks!

no problem,never heard of it tho

any good app to recommend?

Hi @stormz94, please see the linked site below for macOS:
https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

i dont own a mac,im on ipad

@stormz94, on iPad you can use MIDI Scope:

5 posts were split to a new topic: Add new MIDI actions for Prime Go

Hi again @stormz94, it’s been over a week since my last response. Did you try the iPad app linked above?

Hello! It’s been another week since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!