đź“Ł ANNOUNCEMENT: djay v5.2.4 macOS/iOS/Android, v5.2.10195.0 Windows, v1.1.1 visionOS

Hi everyone,

We wanted to share the release notes for the latest version of djay on all platforms. Please see the changelog below!

djay v5.2.4 macOS/iOS/Android, v5.2.10195.0 Windows

NEW

• Sampler: you can now adjust and save the volume for individual samples
• Beat detection: BPM changes are now visualized on the waveforms and can be adjusted in Settings > Appearance (Mac, iOS)
• Beat detection: added setting to configure tempo change detection – Automatic vs. Off (always use straight BPM)
• My Collection: support for Match feature (iOS, Windows)
• Media library: support for selecting and dragging multiple playlists (macOS)
• Hardware: added support for Hercules Inpulse 200 MK2

IMPROVED

• Beat detection: improved overall track BPM for tracks with varying BPM values (all tracks will be re-analyzed; beat grids are unaffected)
• Looping: support for polyrhythmic loop lengths when creating loop via IN/OUT buttons
• Looping: improved auto loop quantization and behavior with polyrhythmic loop lengths
• Looping: leave loop when jumping to a cue point at the end of the loop

FIXED

• Looping / Cue Points: fixed edge cases when jumping to a quantized cue at the end of a loop
• Looping / Sync: fixed possible drift issue when dynamically changing loop lengths of synced tracks on the fly
• Looping: fixed auto loop value was not properly restored after turning off a saved loop
• Looping: fixed inconsistencies halving saved loops of odd lengths
• DVS / motorized controllers: fixed possible noise with very slow or accidental platter movements
• FX: fixed beat based FX sometimes not initialized with current BPM on first song loaded
• Waveforms: fixed start cue visualization in overview waveform overlapping other cue points
• MIDI mapping: fixed new configurations being generated on every reconnect
• MIDI mapping: fixed FX enabled MIDI out state when changing FX routing
• MIDI mapping: fixed “add to queue” MIDI action not working (Windows)
• Media library: fixed sorting by “Source” in My Collection (macOS, Windows)
• Media library: fixed possible crash when using the Match feature (iOS)
• Media library: fixed possible app slowdown due to iCloud sync (macOS, iOS)
• Neural Mix: reduced memory consumption on iPad 9th generation (iOS)
• Shazam: fixed matching songs without being logged in to Apple Music (iOS)
• VoiceOver: fixed reporting of crossfader position (iOS)
• Various fixes and improvements

HARDWARE IMPROVEMENTS

• DDJ-FLX10: fixed sound color FX disable not respected
• Denon SC LIVE 2/4: fixed master meters not respecting master volume
• Hercules T7: made mic knob mappable, added support for start/stop time setting
• RANE FOUR: mapped instant FX to scratch bank
• Traktor Kontrol S2: added support for microphone input

djay v1.1.1 visionOS

• Improved overall track BPM calculation for tracks with varying BPM values
• Improved looping behavior when jumping to quantized cue points
• Improved sync behavior when dynamically changing loop lengths of synced tracks on the fly
• Various other fixes and improvements

11 Likes

I’m trying this out right now I will be so happy if all my issues are been fixed

1 Like

Just checked App Store and new update is out. It’s looking very good indeed. Quite a bit in this one. Really good work Algoriddim.

5 Likes

Hi @Dysfunk_DJ,

Thanks for the praise, and we’re happy to share this update with everyone!

Please see our changelog pinned to the General Discussion category for more info!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try it out I checked App Store I can’t find the update

updating right now thanks

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Great work on the custom loop length, that will make a useful tool for jumping from house to drum & bass

1 Like

Hi @Temitope_Oyebode and @Mac_Joseph, some of your comments have been flagged as off topic so that we can continue the discussion in their existing topics/thread. This is not the thread to discuss specific issues as they will be harder to track and keep organized here. Thanks for your cooperation!

Just a friendly reminder to everyone else that if you discover new issues or your issue still exists, please use your existing topic or create a new one so we can properly track and troubleshoot it. Thanks again everyone!

3 Likes

ok I understand this thank you I sent you the link already

1 Like

Not in the App store , I found it (not easy BTW )

1 Like

Hey guys. Does anyone have any experience with the new version on the iPad Pro M1 and with iOS 18?

1 Like

Thanks for the update guys but bummed the delay is still there when working with the stems. Also a simple, by default echo out when triggering one of them. Mostly the delay in stem response. Appreciate all of your hard work! Also the Match feature is not returning ANY results at all now. Am I missing something maybe? Thank you!

1 Like

Scott1, test it out by turning off key lock. too bad the key lock issue hasn’t been fixed yet. i have the same problem. really noticeable when i use my twelves.

2 Likes

All my issues are fixed! Well worth the wait. Let’s Go!!!

2 Likes

Cool… Yes. It’s working fine now.

1 Like

I’m not happy with this update…nothing major issues aren’t fixed! I can not find words for…, but now, we have at least a new issue… :+1: