Digital dj tips announcing 5.2 release

Check it out

6 Likes

Very nice … Phase HID Mode unfortunately not yet for iPhone/iPad, but I hope that will come.

1 Like

Very decent hardware list. Just got a rev 5. Let’s go

1 Like

Hmmm…says available now, but I’m not seeing it (on PC or on iPhone).

Phil still asking for feature parity, and the list of changes shows why - several things added on Mac only, or iOS only.

Good to see a few more controllers added, but no changes apparently on screen support for e.g. Prime 4 or plugging the gaps for older controllers (DDJ-RZ?).

Still no support for pad mode buttons?

1 Like

Hmmmm good catch. Not available in UK as yet. Got to be today though I would think.

1 Like

5.2 now available in UK at least

1 Like

I was able to update to 5.2 on the macOS App Store, but I had to search for djay Pro and go directly to the app page to get the Update option.

• light mode UI looks great
  • UI Configuration Assistant is very nice! good one.
  • automatic import, yay!
  • Automix and Sidebar side-by-side windows have returned
1 Like

Does this mean Crossfader Fusion FX works in External Mixer Mode? [EDIT] - answer is yes, per the notes, it now works with External Mixers …

DJ Angelo at around 03:25 “… all Crossfader Fusion FX are now available to use, on any DJ setup and that includes hardware mixers and turntables with DVS …”

1 Like

Would appear so. I don’t have external mixer to test. Gonna have fun with my rev 5.

Neural Mix waveforms are really cool! Great way to see what’s going on!

Dynamic Loop Adjust

• MIDI commands to Move the In/Out Loop Points in real-time!
  • Adding this to the Hercules Starlight was no problem.
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.55.13 PM

I’m liking new Open DJ Keyboard Shortcuts (built-in); to me at least, it seems more logical. The shortcuts are more like other DJ software. For example, Shift+Arrow key now loads tracks to Deck 1 or 2, same as other DJ software.

1 Like

I managed to change to light mode on my Mac using the UI configuration assistant, but is there somewhere in the settings I can also find it?

There is a toggle button in the lower left-hand corner of the app.
(In the screenshot, under the album art for EDM Bangers)
Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 8.34.59 PM

Notes:
Technically, there should be an option for Light/Dark mode in Settings > Appearance OR the View menu, but it doesn’t appear to be there.

Beautiful. Thanks you.

1 Like

Toggle Search Location?
Is this new? Or did I just miss it? Apparently you can toggle Search to use the current Library Source or the current Playlist.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.00.29 PM
Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.00.43 PM

Notes:
The Search bar was lengthened in 5.2

Mojaxx reviewing 5.2 and bemoaning lack of screen support for controllers:

2 Likes

Yeah really interesting. I’d be really interested to hear from engineers how some screens like Rane Four can be utilised for use with Mac and Windows but other devices like Flx 10 can’t. Also how come on devices like prime go, omnius duo screens can’t be utilised. I’m just curious to understand. Be so good if screens could be utilised in future. How come VDJ and serato can do it?

1 Like

Phil saying the same thing here:

2 Likes

@Slak_Jaw slak

How do you activate the new light mode feature?
Im on Mac. Thank you