DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D - Neural Mix / Serato STEMs Mapping

This is my answer to all the hype surrounding the new Serato STEMs implementation. Banks 2 and 3 use a combination of Instant FX and Neural Mix to achieve a similar result to what Serato is doing.

The mapping files are stored on DJ TechTools mapping site: DJ TechTools - MidiFighter 3D-Djay-Neural Mix

Please note that I use my MF 3D upside down with the USB jack at the back and the bank buttons at the front. Also make sure to import the Midi Fighter Utility file included in the ZIP file so the side buttons and LEDs work properly.

Most buttons have a Shift layer and are shown in Orange in the mapping key.

For the Neural Mix Instant FX 5-8 you can select your own options for Drums and Vocals within Djay using the pencil icon at the top right, but these are the settings that I found work best:

1 Like

To change the Instant FX settings in Djay do the following:

1. Switch to Instant FX mode
  2. Select the pencil icon in the top right
  3. Select the 3 dots next to the FX you want to change
  4. Scroll down near the bottom in the Neural Mix section and select the desired Instant FX.
1 Like

Hello good job, could I have a copy of this mapping please? The dj techtools mapping page seems to be down.

1 Like

@SamJam check your inbox :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thankyou so much friend.

1 Like

@SamJam you’re welcome

1 Like

@SamJam
“Slak_Jaw You are the master of midi mapping. I wonder if you have any experience mapping midifighters? I have a midifighter 3d i have it mapped the way i like but dont know how to change banks to map them as well.”

I’m posting this here so as not to hijack that DDJ-XP2 thread. I don’t have a MF 3D anymore, but his is where the Bank assignments are for the MF Spectra. For you, you’ll probably want to assign the Banks to the 4 Clear Top Buttons to keep the side buttons free for other functions.

Here are some other helpful links: Midi Fighter Setup Guide - DJ TechTools
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QvIds_FsH3OHhuZlpzVkM2QjQ/view

1 Like

For some reason these option werent showing up on the utility. I need to look into this in more depth. I appreciate your help my friend.

1 Like

Make sure you connect direct to your computer with a USB cable. No hub. Not other devices connected.

1 Like

Thankyou my friend, great tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.