DJay 2 and Numark iDJ Pro Controller

No firmware update !!! IDJpro works… it’s a DJAY & IOS7 problem !
big up Island-bluetones Music !

I have exactly the same problem here. Is there a fix for this already?

I am also having problems using DJay 2 with my IDJ Pro controller. The problem has to be within the app itself, because I have no problems using the original app with the controller.

Because of this, I refuse to update my IPad to IOS7, since losing my ability to play good sounding tunes would be a travesty.

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS A.S.A.P.!!!

Adding to previous comment…I am using IPad 2.

Track selection does not work the same in DJay 2 as it does in the original. On the IDJ Pro controller, in the original DJay app, when I press the “Load” button, the track list pops up, when I press it again, it hides, as intended.

However, in DJay 2, when I press the “Load” button, sporadically, it may allow the tracklist to pop up, but, when I press load again, it does not remove the track list. I have to hit the cancel button in order for the track list to be removed from the screen.

Let me know how this works out for you. I’m gonna hold out a tad bit longer until more wrinkles are ironed out. In the meantime, I’ll just keep playing on DJay 1.

I say that Algoriddim should start from scratch with DJay 2 and start with the blueprints from the original. Although thankful for their efforts, I think they tried to do too much, too soon, with all of the new features introduced. These features should be rolled out incrementally.

I was about to send mine off for repair for exactly the same issue but with so many people complaining about it, it must be a software problem.

There is a big problem with ios7 and djay2 running with Numark’s idj Pro. Pre cueing, bpm analysis, spiking volumes while mixing, freezing while going into the general settings and just a ton of volume spikes and audio quality issues. Is this being addressed?.. And quickly?

I’m sure by now Algoriddim is fully aware of the problem and is in panic mode to resolve it. I’m confident that within the next few days there should be an update.

I hear you studioag1, I have Thursday nights ladies night and Friday Miami nights!!
Need to be perfect Algoriddim!!
We know you can do it!!

I noticed an update on my ipad last night came through (Sept 23) for djay. I tested it on Numark idj Pro. The issue with going into settings and having the program lock and crash seems to be resolved. Great!
Now, while playing for a bit, say about 10 min, when I go to load a song, all of a sudden only one speaker is playing and when I move the FADER, it switches to the other speaker same side as the fader. Wierd! Also I can hear both songs playing at the same time. No matter where the fader is.
I press and hold the home button on the ipad until siri comes up, then press again to exit, pressed play in djay (since the music stopped) and everything was back on track. So there is a glitch guys and I know you’re almost there. Talk to Numark. This should be simple to fix. Thanks for all you do.

Ok, another weekend coming up fast! Need a solution for djay2 on ios7 not working properly with Numark idj Pro controller!! When do we expect updated software, firmware or whatever!!!

I hear dat Bigfred. But boss, if the idj pro controller is not being fed proper information from the djay app, then what good is the controller now? I had a thing last night at a club and the pre-cueing issue where one speaker goes out is still a plague no matter what I try. Embarrassing!!
So I’m contacting Numark to buy back the controller in exchange for their new NS7II. Not sure what they’ll do with the idj pro now!

I installed the new djay2 update today (Oct. 8) onto my ipad3, turned it off then on again. Connected to Numark’s idj Pro. It played fine for a while but then the left speaker went out, so i disconnected the dock cable and plugged it back in, the sound came back. I played for a bit longer and all of a sudden the left speaker started to play really loud and distorted… and this was the song i was cueing!! Whenever i press the left and right cue buttons the music will go on and off. Totally wrong! As a matter of fact, it is happening more often now!! The update is bad and flawed.
Please fix it quickly. The weekend is coming up again and I can’t keep apologizing to my employer and to the audience!!
I thought you guys had this all ironed out man!!

Another thing, I notice that whenever I’m trying to select a song to load, the longer the window stays open while scrolling through playlists etc., the more likely it is that the left speaker will go out. And it’s always the left speaker. I also noticed that if the window stays open, the left channel MAY come back on. If it remains open, the channel will go out again. Guys, the load window and the act of scrolling through playlists has someting to do with this. You should have caught this!!

Well, I use rca at home and xlr at the club. Same thing happens on bith counts. But I found someting really strange… it seems as if the issue with the speakers going out only happens when i’m searching for or loading a song from my playlists. I would notice that the opposite turntable would start having jerky movements just before it goes out. So I tested a theory this morning. I changed the search view to full screen and every time I loaded a song from my playlists, it was in full screen mode, and for an hour and a half there were no issues. No pre-cueing switches, no speakers going out and no sound spikes when I press the headphone pre cue buttons. Strange!! So I plan to test it again later and ultimately a full night at the club. I’ll let you know what happens.
By the way, I play in auto select for pre cueing.

I am having this issue AT gigs with ios7, djay2 and idj pro. Split mode to the program feed triggers randomly when moving the fader. Not the headphones, the speakers!!! This is nuts. A reset fixes it, but goodness me. Very buggy !!

I had this problem with both djay and djay2 and it happened at random times. Algoriddim told me it was the idj pro so i sent it in to numark for repair. I am fairly certain numark replaced it with a new one. I used it for a while and it happened again! So it is definetly the software. One thing that works for me is to make sure there are no apps running in the background. It seemed like the problem fixed itself after i double tap the home button and disabled all apps other than djay. This should be fixed though, my biggest nightmare is for this to happen during a gig.

Sounds like you are having the same issue that i and island blue tones are having ( check his comment a few posts up.) i emailed them again this morning as i thought that the problem was apps running in the background but it still happens randomly. Does this only happen in your headphones or does it come through the speakers that way too?

Emailed them again, problem still persists even when no apps are running in background. After experimenting a little it does seem to happen when selecting a track but still completely random. Very annoying and really this cant happen during a gig…