DJay 2 Cannot Connect to Spotify Premium

Hi,

I have just downloaded the Djay 2 app on Android and I have a Spotify Premium account but I get the error ‘spotify features are only available for premium users’?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you for your mail.

Please make sure that your account is still premium, if that is the case, do you have the possibility to check with another premium account?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Chris,

very sorry to hear that. So djay is automatically login into the same credentials?
Have you tried going to

• settings
  • library
  • log out of Spotify

Thank you in advance and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thank you for the feedback Jan Willem.

@Chris Appleton, could you tell us which network protocol type you are using for connecting with Spotify?

Also could you two tell us your location?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey guys,

we are investigating the cause of the connection problems. Please keep us posted about any information which might help us to locate the root of the problem.

After not loading and seeing the loading wheel for a time is there being an error displayed, Thomas mentioned that he was receiving an 128 Error, same for the other guys?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Thank you for the follow up. We did not change anything, might be a little server hiccup but we are glad to hear that things are getting back to normal. If you experience something like that again, please contact us right away.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey guys,

have you tried using another network source, are you running 3G at the moment?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Sax,

sorry to hear that. You said the moment you change to Wifi it is working?

Cheers,Lukas E.

will merge with other thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Spotify error temp

Hi Viktor,

the issue appears to be linked to a mobile network connection.
Also some users reported that logging out of all devices via the Spotify web account helped them to resolve the issue.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

off topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Spotify error 128

Great news. 

As some users already pointed out, the issue is now fixed.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thank you for getting in touch.

I forwarded the topic internally. Also, are you able to play Spotify tracks when you are using your mobile internet connection in the Spotify app?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

The account is still premium, I checked again.
I logged out and back in using the premium Spotify account and restarted my phone.
Still not working? Same error message

Chris

…I have also reinstalled the app…DJay Fails.
Cleared the application cache…
logged out and back into my Spotify Premium account and I still have the same issue.

It appears that DJay is logging in automatically, possibly using old credentials? I have now logged out of my Spotify account on my phone and Djay still tries to login and fails with the same error. I would expect it to fail with a cannot connect error if it is using the current Spotify application data.

Hi Lucas,

Not quite…
I am not logged into spotify with DJay because when DJay tries to log in it fails with the error.
The settings you mention is not highlighted because I cannot log into Spotify.

I definitely have a Spotify Premium account and I am logged onto that Spotify account on my pone…if DJay is using these login credentials it is failing for some reason??

Chris

I have tried connecting with wifi and mobile data and both don’t work.
I am using the Samsung Galaxy S7. I am in the UK.

Chris

Hi Lucas,

I have a problem when a switch from wifi to mobile data. The app Djay2 for iPad works with wifi, but when a switch to my mobile I get this message: “Could not load track; Spotify session not available. Please check your Internet connection”. Any idea?

Thanks JW

Similar problem here. Installed the djay 2 app on an iPad Air and I have a Spotify premium account. Songs from Spotify are either faltering a lot or not loading at all getting “could not load track. Timeout loading Spotify track” of “error 128”.
Checked the wifi connection and it’s working fine. I’ve tried logging out in library and logging in with Facebook account. Problem is still the same.
Could you please help me?
Raymond

Algoriddim please respond to our posts. There should be a solution to this problem. Maybe our information could help you guys solve this malfunction