djay 2 iPad - tracks drift where djay 1 is fine

Thanks Alex for sharing. I thought in experiencing the whole drift thing my mind was playing tricks on me! Have you tried native instruments iPad app… any comments on any good iPad and or Mac dj apps - or do they all drift
Also, once you find a sweet spot say of two songs, even different ones, does that sweet spot of sync last or drift out. I guess I am asking if you just go by ear and disregard the bpm slight difference can you still enjoy and say use the product

I am surprised this topic doesn’t come up more often. Thanks for sharing
I am eyeing Numark ns7 with the motorized platters with serato itch software if you have any comments there too.

Hi Could you please an update on this topic. I’m still using DJAY 1 to avoid this problem…
Any answer would be appreciated.
Thanks Warren.

Warren,

I will try once again with DJAY and activate the perfect Sync.

David

Warren,

I’m currently trying for the last time with DJAY 2.
To activate the PERFECT SYNC, i need to double click on SYNC Button, below the BPM. The SYNC button will then be in BLUE. Correct ?

I’m then loading a play list with 20 Songs with AUTOMIX.
All 20 songs will be played with the PERFECT MIX function or do i need to double click on SYNC Button for each song.

is there a way in the setting to activate all time PERFECT SYNCH.

Thanks for your answer.

All my files are AAC 256 mp4

I have been trying to figure out a solution to this problem too but it clearly still hasn’t been something that has been addressed. I have the same exact problem as Alex mentioned in his step by step.

This is a problem that I’ve emailed about and they just said it would be sent to their tech team.

I loved DJay and loved DJay 2 until I started experiencing this problem and it makes me want to (sadly) abandon the app altogether!

Please find a solution, or at least reassure us with some indication that it is a problem that is being further investigated.

Thank you!

Hi Algoriddim crew!
Could you please give us an update?

Hi - any update on this please. I went to Djay 2 - had exactly same issues as above just drifts out of sync. Back to Djay 2 same songs rock solid mix. Just had major embarrassment with this when playing out so really annoyed. Downloaded Djay 1 again while I was out and luckily carried on - having to flip back to manually beat matching with 25 seconds of track to go was a killer. Just make the Syncing the same as Djay 1 - the very least the app should do is be in sync when a button called sync lights up. Update required.

please tell me how to use perfect sync.i can mix perfectly using the manual method but mix will slip if im not careful,on the fluke accasion i got the sync buttons to glow blue,both tracks were playing but in the wrong place,so the vocal was clashing with the vocal on the other deck,so when i manually mix i bring the track in the correct place.please help

if i can use perfect sync and both tracks are playing on the correct bars as not to clash,ill be so happy,as i luv this app on my note4.i ussaually mix uk garage on my techniks 1200s

there is no pen icon in android djay2,and presseing sync twice does not scnc the tracks and make the buttons glow blue either like ios

Still drifting on djay2, it’s awful in 64 beat transitions , loses the match completely

ok we paid for this app, its not like it is free, so PLEASE sort this problem out! its been more like a year, 2 years already? and problem still open?

Why the heck are 2 tracks drifting apart if they have both set same BPM!! It should stay in sync, or maybe just a tiny minimal drift,…but this program will drift apart to half a beat in few seconds!!

Please fix this problem or we want our money back!!!

old topic and not the same djay version

Please reference the new conversation here: tracks drifting apart

This is a hot mess! I had to click the sync button over and over and over but nothing works. The songs just fly out of sync for no reason. Same songs in DJ Pro 1 work fine. If you have NOT upgraded DON’T!

No Paul this does not help. No sense in wasting your time trying this. This things all messed up…

I just bought the new Windows version and I have this problem!

I haven’t used djay 2 for a while and had a play around with it on my iPad Air 2 and WeGO4 at the weekend and the tracks do not stay in sync when the BPMs are matched. This is the latest iPad release. They keep going out of sync ever so slightly and enough that you have to keep jogging them back in time.

I don’t recall having this issue when I got all this kit last year and I used djay pro on an older iPad and WeGO3 as well at the weekend and I didn’t experience this issue.

As much I enjoy a good mix and blend, this issue kind of defeats the point of digital kit.

I updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 12.0.1 and updated djay 2 to its most recent version and this problem still remains.