Djay 5.0 hurry please 😂

Oh yes it’s hit the UK!! Christmas has come early

1 Like

They haven’t updated the midi device list…….Don’t think I’ll update yet. Everything is working fine don’t wanna mess up my gig tonight

1 Like

New Neural Mix !! Sick

2 Likes

Sweet! Looks like they listened to a lot of requests. Djay Pro for the win!!!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try the new Neural Mix. Looking forward to hear some cool mixes with it.

Please note: this is my personal recommendation as a long time djay user and active member of this community. This is NOT an official statement from Algoriddim.

I’ve been beta testing 5.0 for weeks and it has definitely been worth the wait! The Neural Mix 2.0 sound quality is amazing, Crossfader Fusion is incredibly powerful and the Fluid Beatgrid system is simply unbelievable. Plus the final pre-release beta has been running rock solid for me in all the possible scenarios I could think of. You should definitely update and check it out :grin:

However, as always, I suggest you perform a full system backup before updating. This way if you discover a bug that slipped through the vigorous testing process you will have a way to rollback to an earlier version.

For more details, refer to this post I made long before I joined the Algoriddim team: General Software Advice / Tips

11 Likes

These xfader FX are amazing! Super handy when you loaded the wrong song or when you made some big mistake and want to mix super fast…

Or when you are too drunk to do anything hahaha

Does it have more customisation? like curves and where the bass of the current playing song cuts out? with most of these mixes the bass of both songs is playing over each other, this is a bit messy on a big system?

Great work guys!!!

greetz Wen

1 Like

you should not update before a gig anyway :grinning:

I noticed the new beatgrid messed a couple of grids up for me, so be warned updating before a gig!

There are more options to fix grids though, still figuring it out

2 Likes

@Kikeon please feel free to share the song and artist name for any tracks that 5.0 gets the beatgrid wrong on. I will share these with the engineering team so they can make adjustments for future updates. Thanks!

1 Like

@wen currently the only customization options for the Crossfader Fusion FX are the type of transition and the number of bars for the auto-transition.

2 Likes

They removed the Beatgrid fine adjustment feature?

No, they made it a lot better, it’s fully customizable now and you can finally choose between dynamic and straight beat grids :star_struck:

3 Likes

@maurizio_T

1 Like

oh, there are a bunch, some of them vinyl rips (warped straight in Ableton)

If you would pass on that a setting that allows you to choose a your preferred ‘default’ way to beatgrid, ‘Straight’ or ‘Dynamic’ would be appreciated, that would be great.

Or maybe, if a beatgrid is in place, not automatically try to beatgrid it again. I believe serato or traktor has a lock beatgrid feature that you can set on a per-track basis. That would be helpfull in these cases.

I think ill go though all my tracks and see if any of them needs manual adjusting.

In most cases, you will never need these beatgrid controls. The new system uses AI to dynamically adjust the beatgrids. This works even with varying BPMs, or older songs with a live drummer. The system will automatically adjust the BPM and grid to match the waveform.

So with the classic track by Josh Winx (Size 9) I’m Ready, It starts off at 126 bpm, it then slows down to the hip hop beat of around 100bpm, it then speeds back up to 132 bpm,
The beat grid is fine up until it starts to speed up to the 132 bpm mark then the beat grid is way off,
Might be asking for a lot here but is there a way to fix this?
I think the Denon Prime beat grid system allows for multiple Beat gridding in various parts of the track

Wow! Nice update Algoriddim Team!!!

• Neural Mix sounds very good. It nailed some complicated latin percussion tracks. Vocals are also much cleaner!
  • Crossfader Fusion is saaahaweeet … kick @$$ feature …
  • Fluid Beatgrid looks so good!

And for me the big one, Editing Metadata!!! Yay, Christmas came early this year!

3 Likes

@Kikeon the system is designed to automatically choose the appropriate dynamic or straight BPM depending on the song. However, if you know for sure that the BPM varies for a certain track, you can manually set it to dynamic and the other way around. Also because this is a complete redesign of the beatgridding engine, it does not use any previous beatgrid edits. It reanalyzes your library for the new engine.

2 Likes

Got it worked it out,
Perfect Slak,

I did notice already with some of my disco tracks that the pitch fader moves accordingly to the bpm detected

1 Like