Djay 5.0 hurry please šŸ˜‚

On my M1 MacBook Air (no controller), I scroll down to see the Crossfader Neural Mix FX.

1 Like

Good morning, I donā€™t have any DJ hardware connected. I uninstalled the old version of DJAY PRO AI and performed a new installation of DJAY 5.0

Unfortunately the app crashes again. With the old version of DJAY PRO AI I didnā€™t have this problem.

How can I solve it? Thanks in advance for any response you may have.

Oh dang yeah mine is definitely missing the neural mix fx. I wonder why? Everything else works fine.

I have 2015 macbook pro on mac os monterey 12.7.1

Its always ran smooth with Ai and smooth with Djay 5 but missing those neural fx features.

I bet itā€™s djay Pro checking to see if your hardware is powerful enough to run Neural Mix FX. I remember on an older iPad I had, Neural Mix features would not show up, but it worked fine on my new/faster iPhone ā€¦

Apple Silicon CPUs have a built-in Neural/AI processor module, and youā€™re still on an older Intel CPU, so that might also contribute to the lack of Neural FX features.

1 Like

Also, with a controller plugged into my M1 MacBook Air:

• I get the additional Neural Mix (Vocal Cut) FX.
  • That option disappears when I unplug the controller.

3 Likes

Ahh ok that makes sense if thats the issue. More than likely it is the culprit. It says under the advanced tab im at 80% for neural mix, max requires m1 or later. So that extra 20% must be those neural fx features im missing.

Thanks for that @Michael_Wisniewski !

I guess its time to upgrade my macbook pro.

1 Like

Is it because the vocal cut can only work with controllers so it shows only when plugged in?

Donā€™t forget Apple has relation with Algoriddim, they want you buy new Apple device :)) This is business and it was never about you!

Guessing you are being ironic here? As this almost certainly has to do with the performance / number of NPUā€™s in the processor.

Great update. Props to Algo for actually making me use a crossfader for the first time when mixing as I always preferred using normal faders by a mile.

But that was before tempo blend.

3 Likes

Yep. Itā€™s an incredible update. Just the beatgridding alone is out of this world. Beats all other software beatgridding by a country mile.

2 Likes

Soooo the input from the iPad is coming in just a tad bit hot. Is there a way to adjust the gain without going through each track. Iā€™m aware we can do it on the master volume. Or should I just turn on the limiter and leave the gain as is?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I CAN RELATE!! If I want killer transitions at our backyard parties (which are massive) I have to lay off the libations

1 Like

With the crossfader FX im only seeing the neural mix FX on the iPhone, but not on the Mac. Is there a way to turn this on/off? I see others had this issue until controller was plugged in but for me that did not fix the issue. Thanks

1 Like

Staff! PLEASE! How can I get back DJay Pro 4? (iOS version) I need that quickly, I have been tested for hours with DVS, but as I feel you shouldnā€™t release this update. I will do a video about issues. But for now I need 4.1.10 back Iā€™ll have 5 hrs party at tomorrow, and with this I couldnā€™t do that. Thank You!

2 Likes

@DJ-Z did you create a full system backup of your iOS device prior to updating using iTunes/Music or another backup method? If so, simply recover that system backup.

1 Like

this is the first djay update that Iā€™m cautious about:
while itā€™s reasonable to expect that if a machine can run a particular OS version without issue, it SHOULD run an updated release of an app based on the manufacturerā€™s tests, users provide the ultimate test to that paradigm.
Iā€™m reluctant to proceed with this updated release despite the added features for fear of bricking my main system as we get deeper into holiday season parties because Iā€™m away from it and canā€™t remember specs/build number to compare to another thread showing crashes/unusability in machines close to my machineā€™s generation. Once Iā€™m reunited with it later today, Iā€™ll take a closer look at those reports and how they compare to my system and decide how to proceed from there.
Once we have better data for you to add caveats to the grid, I do hope algoriddim will out of a sense of responsibility and to prevent noise on the user forums.

1 Like

Hi Slak. I sent a message to the support center regarding DJAY 5.0 which is crashing. Regarding your question to which I answered you, I have not connected any DJ hardware.

Ohh I have facing that backup was turned Off ā€¦ is there another way to get 4.1.10 back?

@DJ-Z unfortunately, there is no other way to rollback to a previous version of djay.

Slak_Jaw Donā€™t kill me pleaseā€¦