DJay Android: Can't use a playlist in Automix

Hi!

Sorry, if this topic exists already. I searched for Automix and couldn’t find it.
I loved DJay on IPad/IPod, and I mainly use the Automix mode to Play certain playlists that fit to the Situation.
I was also happy to see that Djay for Android generally supports external SD Card (Samsung S4) and M3U files.
But there seems to be no option to chose a playlist in Automix mode??

Thanks for your answer.

1 Like

Where are we on this feature? I bought the app solely for this. Automix a Spotify playlist is listed as a feature in the app store. If it’s not a finished feature, don’t advertise it. Please advise so I can arrange refund or not.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be a pain, but this seems like such a simple feature. Thousands of free media players can use playlists. Perhaps a “copy playlist to queue” command?

Don’t even bother with the Android version. The iphone version compared to Abdroid is night and day. Algoriddim obviously had to built the Android version from scratch and rushed the app out. The automix feature was an after thought where the tracks only fades. They were hoping an average Joe would not noticed this but we all know even any bed room DJ would noticed it doesn’t really automix.

1 Like

I already giving up on DJay Android. It’s still at very premature stage compared to the IOS version. They still haven’t implemented the beat match and mix logic. It only fades now at the end of every track. An average consumer would not know it’s not a mix. The had to built this app from the ground up for the Android version and they have lots of work on it.

1 Like

Don’t even bother with the Android version anymore. It was a built from scratch for Android and it gonna take them a long time to be up par with the IOS version. Just know the IOS version has been around for 5 plus years to get to the level of quality. Also consider the Android phones are built differently than Iphone .

Don’t even bother. They haven’t even figure out getting 2 platters to play audio files smoothy or automix and you wonder about spotify implementation?..lol. Android is still bad at audio processing which IOS has the advantage. Algorridon only have it available for Android because of the demands knowing Android OS limitation and providing a subpar product comred to the IOS version.

Serato made a new app called “Pyro” and it works just like Djay 2 but better and more mobile finger friendly. It also supports Spotify. It’s available for free for IOS for now. This is already my DJay 2 replacement in my car minus the bluetooth connection issues with DJAY 2 which they never bother fixing. Sorry Agoriddim, you lost my trust in you.

Try Serato Pyro as alternative. it’s just like DJay 2 but better.

It has been over a year with no replies. DJay2 is still having the reconnection issues on my iphone even with every updates i download from them. It’s obviously not an easy fix and a bigger issues for them or it would of been fixed already. DJAY2 was a niche app. Now they have a competition from Serato, an industry standard company that Pro DJs use for DJ software. I don’t see DJAY2 last any longer soon.

It has been over a year with no replies. DJay2 is still having the reconnection issues on my iphone even with every updates i download from them. It’s obviously not an easy fix and a bigger issues for them or it would of been fixed already. DJAY2 was a niche app. Now they have a competition from Serato Pyro. Serato is an industry standard company that Pro DJs use for DJ software. I don’t see DJAY2 last any longer soon.

I bought the app for Android because I liked the graphics better than edjing. I do wedding ceremonies from my Galaxy S6 edge plus and I am also very disappointed because I have tried every possible way to get the automix to play the songs in a specific order and there is no way I can get it to do that vs edjing that I just select a playlist hit the automix and it will play in the same order the tracks are in the playlist. Here when I use the auto mix I have no idea what is the order it uses for the tracks, it even gets hanged loading a track to a deck and it never loads, I have to manually load another track so it will “un-hang” and the only way i could the tracks in a specific order is to be manually loading one track after the other. What is the use of auto mix in that situation?

I’m sorry, but this isn’t implemented, yet. Rest assured though, we’ll be looking into this!

Hi :slight_smile: is there any way that this feature could be implemented? that was one of the only reasons I bought the app in android because I really liked it in my ipad… but if I cant use that feature then it seems like a pretty much waste of money (in my situation… but over all this is a great app!)

1 Like

Im sorry but how is this not implemented yet? this can not be so difficult to fix…

We are sorry to tell you but the problem is the range of different Android devices, which is hard to support.

We are aware of the demand of this feature and are sorry that we still could not provide a decent solution.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Tommy Lien,

the problem is the range of different Android devices and different operating systems (vanilla vs non vanilla android).

As said in the top of this thread, we are aware of the demand of this feature and are sorry that we still could not provide a decent solution.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi James Newhouse, 

we are sorry to heart that. Can you think of anything that changed in that time, did i update your device or something like that?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

What’s the current standing on this?

What is the current status? I bought Djay 2 for android yesterday for the main purpose of using automix with playlists (preferably Spotify playlists) but cannot find a way to do it.