Djay/iOS 10 update Mixtour Disconnects

It’s not only happening with Djay2 oder Djay Pro. It also happens with other DJ Apps, so it looks like the Reloop Mixtour has a problem with iOS 10, and it’s up to Reloop or Apple to solve it.

No it’s not, because I tried it with all other the DJ apps I’ve got on my iPad. DJ Player Pro for instance is mappable but now it doesn’t response to any button I press. Apps like Cross DJ can’t be controlled with the Mixtour but are capable of using its soundcard and the iPad would get charged too. Both is not working anymore. The iPad looses its connection to the Mixtour and stops using the soundcard, with all of my apps.

Did anybody tell this Reloop already?

Very strange. I hope anybody fixes it quite soon, whoever feels responsible for it

Same here, iPad Air2 ios10, djay wont recognize rellop mixtour. please fix that

After the firmware update, mixtour disconnects from iPad after some 30 sec - 45 sec. So i powered off the device and the controller. Then powered on all again, and until now it works flawless. hope theres no more issues on that. please report your firmware update state with this comunity
cheers

Hi Lukas,

Yes, as readme.txt instructions file.
It has updated successfully, but i think there is a little bug, cause it looses the connection to mixtour after a few seconds playing a track. In order to resolve that, i power off the controller and Djay Pro ( background too ) and power on all again and they start working with no problems. Just tried it now, after yesterday firmware update.
Hope my experience described help.

Cheers
Márcio

Exactly.
I will post in their forum.

thanks Luke!
Cheers

Hi Darrel,

Have you tried to disconnect all, power off the mixtour and the ios device after the fw update, and power on all again? Cause that’s is what i did, and for me it worked, no more connect problems there…

Edit: i’m with djay pro, iPad Air2 ios10.0.2

Having same issue but with Griffin DJ Connect… iPad Air, iOS 10.0.2 DJay 2.8.4, when plugging in the usual output window shows up but as soon as I press ‘done’, it’s not functioning and the audio device option in settings is not available.

Seems like there’s bigger iOS 10 / DJay issues at play and not only reloop/mixtour issues…

EDIT: The DJ Connect seems to be working, but it seems like the possibility of using the iPad’s built in headphone out at the same time as an output pair from the DJ Connect has been removed in iOS 10 (I need that as the main out is broken on my DJ Connect). Which means that Apple has messed around with the audio in iOS again… Maybe it’s these things that affect the Mixtour as well…

Ipad Air 1 seems to work, with mixtour, during a 1 hr test. Djay, and pro.
After closing Djay with mixtour connected and opening Pro, it did not recognise the mixtour. I had to plug it in after launching Pro. That worked fine.

Yes both seem to work. I will not advise on buying pro. There is no guaranty it wil work on your side.
I tested Djay for a shorter period, because i like Pro much more i went on and tested that one a bit longer.

Yes ios 10

I think the hardware, processor, inside the mini 2 might be the same as the air 1. If thats so, the algiriddim crew has something to work with.

I also have the mini 2. I can not test a mini 3.

I suggest using your sons ipad, until this is fixed.

Hi guys,

I could not reproduce this issue, our iPad with iOS 10 was communicating perfectly with the mixtour. Could you download “midi wrench” and check if the mixtour is sending midi signals to the iPad?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi guys,

i started an overnight testing routine and you were right the communication disconnected. 
We will look into this problem and see which side is malfunctioning.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi guys,

thank you for your help. We contacted Reloop and are waiting for a response, we will keep you posted.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi guys,

we hope the new firmware update by reloop is fixing the problem.
You can find the updates at the according sites of the controllers:

Mixtour:
http://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixtour#download

Beatpad 2:
http://www.reloop.com/reloop-beatpad-2#download

If there is anything not working please don’t hesitate to contact us right away.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey Marcio,

did you follow the firmware update instructions step by step till the mixtour got updated successfully?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi Marcio,

so after turning the controller on and off the connection is stable?
If that is the case please contact Reloop, as they are in charge of the firmware update.

All the best.

Cheers,Lukas E.