Djay/iOS 10 update Mixtour Disconnects

Hi Darrel Bayani,

we are sorry to hear that. So after successfully updating the Mixtour now the controller is not powering? Can you check if the controller is being identified by the iPad with a midi signal app like “midi wrench”?

Thank you in advance and we are sorry that you have to go through this.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Darrel Bayani,

we are sorry to hear that. So after successfully updating the Mixtour now the controller is not powering? Can you check if the controller is being identified by the iPad with a midi signal app like “midi wrench”?

Thank you in advance and we are sorry that you have to go through this.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I am very sorry to hear that. 
Please stick to the Reloop support and tell them in detail what you are facing. 
Also let us know if there are news.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

can you please check if the firmware was installed correctly so we can gather all informations about not working updates and send them straight to Reloop.

You can check if your controller was updated correctly by connecting it to your iPad. Now…

1. open the iPad “Settings”
  2. go to “General”
  3. click “About”
  4. scroll down till you see the name of the attached controller
  5. click at “Mixtour” (for example)
  6. now make sure V1.07 is being displayed as firmware 
    Thank you, just want to make sure if the update is the problem or the updater.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Would be great if you could double check, as this issue is a bit delicate. Thank you for your help we really appreciate it.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi koira,

thank you for the follow up. Can another user confirm this, would be very interesting to get further information about this issue. 

Can you reproduce the issue and make an exemplary video? That would help us tons, thank you very much you can send the video to support@algoriddim.com (or use an file uploader like we transfer and send us the link).

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Strange, Darrel can you send us a support mail via support@algoriddim.com with the subject “iOS 10 Reloop Urgent”.

That would be very helpful and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

That is bad news, can you contact us via support@algoriddim.com so we can gather all your informations and send them to Reloop? Please attach an image of the devices firmware.

Thank you in advance, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey there,

I am algoriddim staff @jose and I am actively involved (hope so) :slight_smile:
@byard, have you updated the mixtours firmware?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Can you tell me the firmware of the Beatpad,
you can find the version in the general tab of your iPad settings, the Beatpad should be displayed there.

Also do you have the possibility to check your Beatpad with another iOS device?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey there,

please make sure your Mixtour is getting displayed in the general tab like this, it should be Firmware version V01:08:  

Cheers,Lukas E.

If that is the case it looks like an hardware issue.
Could you please contact the Reloop support and tell them that your Beatpad is loosing connection even though its firmware was updated.

Sorry that I can not help you right here.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

You might need to go onto the reloop website and look for the beatpad 2. There is a firmware update that has dealt with the unconnecting issue

Hi Jose, I am having the same disconnection issues. How did you downgrade the iPad IOS to 9, not found a way of doing that successfully yet. Hope you can help? :slight_smile: byardt@gmail.com

Hi, yes I have, three times also re-installed the iPad IOS 10.2.1 twice and still getting connection failure from the Beatpad2?
Can you help?
Thanks in anticipation.

The firmware is v20.09 Hardware v01

The firmware is v20.09 Hardware v01

Hi Lukas,
It is my Beatpad2 that I am having the problems with. Mixtour user are having the same issue.
I have updated the Beatpad2 firmware to v20.09. I have reinstalled the IOS 10.2.1 twice now and set my iPad Air 2 as a new machine, ie (not importing old settings) and still the Beatpad2 drops the connection after five minutes or so?

Hi Lukas-
Here are the steps I just took:

1. Opened midi wrench and turned on the Mixtour. The device seemed to be sending midi signals to the iPad.
  2. Opened djay and began playing a song. Within a minute the song cannot be heard through the Mixtour and it no longer controls the app. It seems to have disconnected.
  3. I immediately go back to midi wrench and the Mixtour is no longer sending midi signals to the iPad. It is shown as offline.

Before I upgraded to iOS 10, djay and the Mixtour had no problems. It’s obvious that upgrading was a mistake, but is this an issue that can be resolved?

This definitely seems like a djay/iOS 10 problem.