Djay Pro 5.2 update broke my Midi Mapping

Djay Pro 5.2 update broke my Traktor Kontrol S5 Midi Mapping

Djay Pro midi menu now sees controller as “Traktor Kontrol” in stead of “Traktor Kontrol S5”.
I tried to trick Djay Pro by making a new .MidiMapping. file through the Midi menu > Configure,
and use BBEdit to fill the new empty .MidiMapping file with the content of my previous working mapping file.

That somewhat works but some options like blinking play button doesn’t work anymore.
What also is remarkable: the ‘button’ advanced options are greyed out. Even if you choose default, toggle, hold etc, other options stay grey and inaccessible. (only Invert checkbox works)

Did some more testing: none of the Control Types have a working and/or accessible Midi Out

• djay pro 5.2
  • macOS Sonoma 14.5 (23F79)
  • Traktor Kontrol S5
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 09.47.11
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 10.17.18
1 Like

That is unfortunate. I also use a manual mapping which, besides the standard on/off message based start/pause blinking, uses custom codes for led colours, blinking and what not for other controls. Thanks for mentioning.

Hi @jefuqs, thanks for sharing these details. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue with mapping Traktor Kontrol F1s where the section for midi out is greyed out and inaccessible for the buttons. The F1s use NI Controller Manager. Interestingly I also have a Traktor X1 MK3 that allows me to access the midi out section for programming led responses to button pushes. The X1s do not require controller editor, I don’t know if that could be the difference? A driver issue?

Hi @jefuqs and @RaiseTheLight , can you please upload your old MIDI files and the new MIDI files to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the file(s) here? We’d like to look and them both to see what the issue is. Thanks!

Hi again @RaiseTheLight, generally the MIDI Out section being greyed out means that the device doesn’t have MIDI out or the MIDI output device couldn’t be matched to the input device (sometimes they have different names). It would be helpful to see a screenshot from snoize: MIDI Monitor with the device connected and the “Sources” section expanded in MIDI Monitor so we can see the MIDI endpoints. Thanks!

Is this link working for you guys?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mfx0lpdrqqp52nb61ol7z/midi-old-and-new.zip?rlkey=yauw4sdpr04yi4sgxmjhfm0yx&dl=0

1 Like

Thanks for the files. Forwarded to the engineering team for review.

Also: when i use the newer file “Traktor Kontrol.djayMidiMapping” it seems that : when i start Djay Pro and i load a song, press “play” on the Traktor Kontrol S5 controller, Djay Pro does not react.
Pressing a few times ‘awakens’ djay. After that newly started songs start playing normally.
Songs are still on a external 1TB SSD /macOS Sonoma / MacMini m2

1 Like

Update 5.2 froze up for me and I had to restart in live gig for me yesterday… Was working with video mixing otherwise cant replicate error… hope it doesnt happen again

1 Like

@salsaweb please create a separate topic for this and share all the specifics about your setup and what you think may have contributed to the issue. Thanks!

Hi @jefuqs, engineering is asking if you could check with MIDI monitor if you see messages coming in while djay is not reacting?

Similar thing just tried a midi map forTraktor Control X1 Mk2. Controls input work, but the midi out options all appear to be grayed out. First time trying this controller with DJay, So I cannot tell if its a 5.2 update problem or not. I suspect the mapping file I have doesn’t have the outputs mapped properly anyway, but the options are grayed out to even try. I don’t want to have to edit the mapping file manually but will if I have to. Just interested to know if it is a bug in 5.2.

Hi @Phil_Worrell, I spoke with engineering and they are suggesting that you to try and install the latest version of NI Controller Editor.

Can you please use snoize: MIDI Monitor and take a screenshot with the device connected and the “Sources” section expanded in MIDI Monitor so we can see the MIDI endpoints. Thanks!

ok, I already have the latest NI controller editor. But will take a look at Snoize see what I can find,

1 Like

yes, the results: midi is coming in.
the trick i guess is wait a few seconds and djay pro is ready for midi input.

What caught my eye while using midi monitor:
Browsing songs in library
while traktor kontrol gives off a single midi signal, djay pro skips one song, so it jumps by two songs if you understand what i’m saying.

Hi @Slak_Jaw please note: Going back to djay pro version 5.1.7 solves all my midi problems.
So leds are working and all midi out is working in djay pro 5.1.7
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 08.48.42

Thanks for the information @jefuqs. I have forwarded this to the engineering team. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Goodnight! the same situation with the Kontrol Z2

Link Image

Thanks for the screenshot @Djander. I’ve shared it with engineering.