Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing. It sounds like you may have a similar problem to the one described in this topic thread: Djay won’t find any audio output.
Below you’ll find the steps outlined in that post. Could you please give them a try and let me know if one of those fixes the issue for you?
First of all, could you please tell me if perhaps you have an app called “Nahimic Audio Software” (or something similar) installed on your computer? One of our users recently came across a similar issue, and he uninstalled this app, then uninstalled and reinstalled Djay Pro, and it worked properly. If this is the case for you, please let me know.
If the issue persists, the next action to try is resetting the app to default. To do this, please do the following:
- Open “Apps & features” in your PC’s System settings.
- Locate djay Pro in the list of apps, and select “Advanced options”.
- Select “Reset” from the list of options.
If that doesn’t fix the problem, then could you please try the following:
- Install any Windows system updates that are available.
- Reinstall drivers for any audio interfaces you are using with your computer.
- Try to enable/disable exclusive mode in djay’s Audio Device settings, then check if you’re able to choose an audio device.
- Change your audio device in the computer system settings (if possible), and then open djay and see if it allows you to choose an audio device.
- Try to use the sampler section of djay Pro and let me know if any samples play as expected.
Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon.