DJay Pro for Mac and Pioneer Pro DJ Link

I have a Pioneer DJM-V10, 2 x CDJ-3000s and a DJS-1000.

The graphic on the DJ Controllers, DJ Mixers and other DJ Accessories | Algoriddim page suggests that I can connect the Pioneer hardware together using Pro DJ Link and then connect my MacBook to the DJM using a USB cable to enable full control of the CDJs over Pro DJ Link however I am unable to make this happen.

Can you please provide some advice as to how I can make this functionality work?

Hi @SassyPopX,

PRO DJ LINK by PioneerDJ allows you to connect all your devices via Ethernet.

Note: Please see the Operating Instructions of connected equipment for more details about PRO DJ LINK. You can download the Operating Instructions from the Pioneer DJ support page.

Follow these steps to connect your Mac to your CDJs/Mixer.

1. Connect CDJs to one of the supported mixers with PRO DJ LINK through LAN using a switch.
  2. Connect the mixer to your computer with one USB cable.
  3. Once the connections have been made, turn on the power of all the units. Then, follow the instructions below to set up each multiplayer.

CDJ-3000

Select [CONTROL MODE (CDJ)]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now recognized by djay PRO AI.

CDJ-2000 NXS2 / CDJ-TOUR1

Press the [LINK] button on the multiplayer and select [USB MIDI] for the [CONTROL MODE]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now recognized by djay PRO AI.

Lastly, set each deck on the CDJs. Turn the rotary selector to select the deck to control (1 to 4). Press the rotary selector to fix it. In case this doesn’t occur automatically, you’ll have to set this also in the external mixer mode of the djay PRO AI “Devices” settings. The multiplayers are now able to control djay PRO AI.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,G

Hi Guillermo and Algoriddim team

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I have followed your instructions however when I select [CONTROL MODE (CDJ)] on the CDJ-3000s, there is no subsequent prompt to set each deck number, only a blank screen i.e. no deck selection screen, no playlists, waveforms, etc.

Can you provide some guidance as to the required settings in the djay Pro AI “Devices” menu?

I note also that item number 1 in your response requests me to connect the CDJs to one of the two supported mixers with PRO DJ LINK through LAN using a switch.

Is the DJM-V10 one of the two supported mixers?

Any Pioneer mixer with PRO Link should work with this setup.

Have you already installed the necessary driver for this mixer? You can find it here.

Let me know if the issue persists after installing it.

Thanks again.

I had previously installed all the recommended Pioneer drivers and after deleting/re-installing, the same issue remains.

FYI, I am able to make the Mac/DJM-V10/CDJ/Pro DJ Link set-up work as expected with rekordbox so I am comfortable that the hardware/drivers are OK.

Can you please offer assistance/guidance on the recommended settings in the dJay Pro app?

Hi @SassyPopX,

Could you please send us a screenshot of your audio devices on djay PRO AI? You can open these by pressing CMD + , and going to Devices. Do your devices appear there? What audio devices appear available there?

Hope to hear from you again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.