Djay Pro - Volume increasing and decreasing randomly

Hi Slak_Jaw, I’m having a similar issue. I’m on a 16inch 2019 macbook pro running 10.15.7 using
DDJ-FLX4 as the audio.
It randomly happens when I select anything in the GUI using a mouse click, a key command or a midi mapping assigned to the FLX4. For example if I click on the Filter icon with the mouse to open the Filter window and select one of my filters then suddenly the volume would increase or decrease about 10db immediately after I click. Another example is I have a midi mapping to select the crossfader effects on/off, when I press the button on the FLX4 the volume would immediately change. If it increases and next time the volume changes due to selecting something, the volume won’t increase anymore, it will decrease back to the previous volume. It never decreases or increase twice in the same direction. For example it’s either about 10db louder or 10db softer. The volume only changes between those two settings.
Thanks.

Thanks for the info @Donn. Can you please try to capture a video of this?

Hi Slak_Jaw, I sent the video to tech support w a link to this post.
Which is better to send in to tech support or post the video here?

Thanks!

Both please. I’ll be away on vacation starting today, but I’d like to have a look when I get a chance. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Donn,

I’ve just returned from vacation and wanted to follow up and see if your issue has been resolved. Thanks!

Hi Slak_Jam, I notice what’s happening is if i change my eq setting for ex. reducing the bass to
10 o’clock, when I click on anything in the GUI (filter icon, Cue point icon, search box), in this case the crossfader fx and Cue point, my current eq settings re-sets to zero(that’s why the volume seem to go up). In the video at 00:12 i changed a crossfader fx and my bass eq reset to zero. This happend randomly in 5.03 but since updating to 5.1 it happens every time I change a crossfader fx. At 1:14 I clicked on the Cue Point icon and the volume lowered the bass setting back to the setting i previously had at 10 0’clock.
Thanks.
(btw don’t know why video doesn’t show the link as text, but right click can copy the link)

Hi @Donn, that video is not playable. Please upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive, enable the appropriate sharing permissions, and share a link to the file here. Thanks

I’m not sure how to appropriate sharing , in dropbox I simply copied the link and paste to the reply.
If you’re on a mac can you please try to right click on the video,there’s an option “copy video link” then paste browser will jump to the video .
(I don’t know why when i paste the link a blank video shows instead of the link text)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Donn, I’m on Windows. There’s no R-Click option to download. Perhaps try using the Share button from Dropbox instead of cutting and pasting the link.

Hi Slak_Jaw, I shared to this address,
Algoriddim Community Forums reply-2abd37a038db5e2200b1fecab8316e4c@mail-community.algoriddim.com

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks!

Hi @Donn, unfortunately, I cannot access that address. Please trying sharing the link in a Direct Message to me instead. Thanks

Okay here’s the link.

Hi @Donn, unfortunately, the video is still not working. I think we need to try a different approach.

1. Upload your video file directly to our Dropbox service using this direct link: Upload to Dropbox.
  2. Please make sure that you name your attached video file as the following (ATTN: SLAK_JAW, VOLUME COMMUNITY) so we can easily track it in our system.

Hi Slak_Jaw, I updated my os from Catalina to Sonoma running Djay 5.1.1 .

These videos show bugs that happen on Catalina and Sonoma.

One good thing since the update to Sonoma I haven’t had any crashes that was happening on Catalina.

Thanks.

Hi @Donn, I was finally able to access your video about this issue. Based on this video, please note that the EQs resetting when switching between different Crossfader FX is expected and normal behavior.

1. If you want your EQ settings to remain where they are, when loading new tracks, do not use Crossfader FX. Please use the normal crossfader controls instead.
  2. Also, in the djay Settings>General>SONG LOADING make sure Reset EQ, FX, Tempo is turned OFF.
1 Like

Hi Slak_Jaw, I have the Reset EQ, FX, TEMPO Unchecked in the settings when this happened. I actually sent a more detail video to tech support where clicking on the cue point icon reset the eq and also sometimes clicking in the search field or a song title in the Finder portion of Djay will change the volume (don’t remember if the volume change was due to the eq reset or something else but the volume did change)

Also as far as I’m aware if you want to use the Tempo Blend , it does not work unless the Crossfader FX is On. So if I’m planning to use the Tempo Blend on the next mix and turn the Crossfader FX On to prepare for the next mix, my eq setting changes and has a spike in volume.

I do like how the Crossfader FX works with the Tempo Blend. But how do you “prepare” (turn on) the Crossfader FX without resetting the EQ? In settings the option is for Song Load not for turnning on Crossfader FX.

For example i want to go from 120 bpm to 80 bpm, before the mix point I “prepare” (turn on) the Crossfader FX and Tempo Blend but the snag is it resets my EQ.

Setting Djay to not reset eq when turning on the crossfader fx is the solution but there’s no option for that, only reset on Song Load. I understand that using the Crossfader FX it automates the eq while moving the crossfader thus resetting the user eq settings to Djays automation, but it should wait and reset to Djays eq during the mix, not when you simply “prepare” (turn on ) the Crossfader FX.

Is there a workaround to prepare (turn on) the Crossfader FX and Tempo Blend for the next mix without the eq resetting?

Thanks!

Hi @Donn, thanks for the additional information. Things are become more clear now. This sounds very similar to an issue that another user is describing: EQ resets when using crossfader fx and tempo blend

Currently this is a limitation with how the Crossfader FX system works. However, I will share all these details with the engineering team to see what they think. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This has been addressed and in a upcoming djay release (likely 5.2), switching between EQs and Neural Mix EQs will no longer reset the EQs.