Djay Pro - Volume increasing and decreasing randomly

Hi @Donn, unfortunately, the video is still not working. I think we need to try a different approach.

1. Upload your video file directly to our Dropbox service using this direct link: Upload to Dropbox.
  2. Please make sure that you name your attached video file as the following (ATTN: SLAK_JAW, VOLUME COMMUNITY) so we can easily track it in our system.

Hi Slak_Jaw, I updated my os from Catalina to Sonoma running Djay 5.1.1 .

These videos show bugs that happen on Catalina and Sonoma.

One good thing since the update to Sonoma I havenā€™t had any crashes that was happening on Catalina.

Thanks.

Hi @Donn, I was finally able to access your video about this issue. Based on this video, please note that the EQs resetting when switching between different Crossfader FX is expected and normal behavior.

1. If you want your EQ settings to remain where they are, when loading new tracks, do not use Crossfader FX. Please use the normal crossfader controls instead.
  2. Also, in the djay Settings>General>SONG LOADING make sure Reset EQ, FX, Tempo is turned OFF.
1 Like

Hi Slak_Jaw, I have the Reset EQ, FX, TEMPO Unchecked in the settings when this happened. I actually sent a more detail video to tech support where clicking on the cue point icon reset the eq and also sometimes clicking in the search field or a song title in the Finder portion of Djay will change the volume (donā€™t remember if the volume change was due to the eq reset or something else but the volume did change)

Also as far as Iā€™m aware if you want to use the Tempo Blend , it does not work unless the Crossfader FX is On. So if Iā€™m planning to use the Tempo Blend on the next mix and turn the Crossfader FX On to prepare for the next mix, my eq setting changes and has a spike in volume.

I do like how the Crossfader FX works with the Tempo Blend. But how do you ā€œprepareā€ (turn on) the Crossfader FX without resetting the EQ? In settings the option is for Song Load not for turnning on Crossfader FX.

For example i want to go from 120 bpm to 80 bpm, before the mix point I ā€œprepareā€ (turn on) the Crossfader FX and Tempo Blend but the snag is it resets my EQ.

Setting Djay to not reset eq when turning on the crossfader fx is the solution but thereā€™s no option for that, only reset on Song Load. I understand that using the Crossfader FX it automates the eq while moving the crossfader thus resetting the user eq settings to Djays automation, but it should wait and reset to Djays eq during the mix, not when you simply ā€œprepareā€ (turn on ) the Crossfader FX.

Is there a workaround to prepare (turn on) the Crossfader FX and Tempo Blend for the next mix without the eq resetting?

Thanks!

Hi @Donn, thanks for the additional information. Things are become more clear now. This sounds very similar to an issue that another user is describing: EQ resets when using crossfader fx and tempo blend

Currently this is a limitation with how the Crossfader FX system works. However, I will share all these details with the engineering team to see what they think. Iā€™ll report back when I have news. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This has been addressed and in a upcoming djay release (likely 5.2), switching between EQs and Neural Mix EQs will no longer reset the EQs.