Djay2, ios7, iDJPro - Split Feed to House Audio - Random!!

Cheap doesn’t justify poor service. If they can’t offer decent support at this price point they should charge more. Products like this are designed at the very least for semi-pro use and should therefore be fit for purpose. We all know that software updates can throw a spanner in the works but this has been going on for months and the product is untrustworthy in any kind of live situation

absolutely - software related problems will always exist but the lack of updates is inexcusable

Hello

Same problem with full screen, ipad3, ios7 and last Djay2 (31/10/2013).
But no problem with Djay1…

Hello
New Djay Update today, still this problem !

But i think it is my crossfader who has a problem :frowning:
When i scratch and cut the sound sometimes i have both decks sound !

Question: does the idjro crossfader directly cut the sound (like a mixer) or it is djay software who cut ?

Thanx

IdjPro firmware update…TOOOOHHHHH !!! So i must send it again to Numark !!! It will take two months like the first firmware update…

hi brandon, great work!
as i see on the video, you got “auto-cue” on. that means if you switch the cross-fader complet to left then the right cueing mode is on and the sound will come out on the left XLR. this is reason why it not change the sound if you do not switch to the edge of the crossfader. after change the XLR port the situation is the opposit site, so you hear the side where is playing.
make following test: let the xlr at the left like in the beginning and turn both cue bottons on, so you will hear both…or not ?

from my point of view, i think the main problem is about the multi-audio-core driver from iOS. maybe there is a bug at the iOS audio-driver-part?..(surroundsound mode or something)

Have someone use the reloop beatpad-controller ?
Do this work without problems?
cause i am thinking about to change the brand of the controller, if numark could not fix it.
from my point of view, the randomized sound passthrough to the crowd, starts often by direct prelisten from the library (does no matter if the library is fullscreen or not). if i unplug and plug the ipad again at the iDJ Pro the sound is fixed again (without stopping the app and during playing a song works also) but this issue need to be fixed, cause it happens more than one time again.

Do someone use also the Vestax Spin2 or Spin1 Controller?
i would be interessted how it works or if they got also some issues ?

oh yeah! what good news…did use Djay1 with the iDJpro with more or less no splitting. (iPAD 3 Retina 64GB WIFI/UTMS)
i was really thinking about to switch from Numark to Reloop BeatPad…but in this case i will give Numark one last Chance…so i will stay tuned :slight_smile:

The problem already exited in iOS6, so iOS7 is not the place where to look for a solution.

I had this problem all the time with my iPad 3. I tried it last week with a new iPad Air (using the 30 pin to lighting adapter) and had NO problems at all in a gig that lasted for over 6 hours.

Sadly, on Monday I lost my iPad Air and so I had to use a friends iPad 3 yesterday night, while waiting for my new iPad Air to arrive (I live outside fhe US, so this takes a little longer).

The problem was back already after 10 minutes and kept coming back. So… it SEEMS that using an iPad Air keeps this problem away, but I then again: I only had one night to try.

In all cases I was using iOS7 and the latest version of the DJAY 2 app. I need to add that the problem was already there for me under iOS6, but less frequently.

I had this problem all the time with my iPad 3. I tried it last week with a new iPad Air (using the 30 pin to lighting adapter) and had NO problems at all in a gig that lasted for over 6 hours.

Sadly, on Monday I lost my iPad Air and so I had to use a friends iPad 3 yesterday night, while waiting for my new iPad Air to arrive (I live outside fhe US, so this takes a little longer).

The problem was back already after 10 minutes and kept coming back. So… it SEEMS that using an iPad Air keeps this problem away, but I then again: I only had one night to try.

In all cases I was using iOS7 and the latest version of the DJAY 2 app. I need to add that the problem was already there for me under iOS6, but less frequently.

The adapter works just fine. However, using the adapter makes it impossible to close the ‘back door’. Also, as the iPad Air is smaller (less wide) it does not fit as nicely as the older iPad’s. Maybe with the right cover, it will fit tighter. I will keep you informed about my future experiences with my yet to arrive next iPad Air.

Or just the right RCA output?

In order to only use the right output, where do you set the system in mono?

When using an iPad 2, I also had he problem with DJAY 1. When using an iPad 3, the problem did not occur when I decided to switch back to DJAY 1 after DJAY 2 had the problem.

What do you mean with “then problem fixes itself immediately”. What exactly do you do to fix the problem immediately? In my case, the problem even occurs after a cold restart and opening DJAY2 right away…

I got my new iPad air and have a gig tonight. Like I reported two weeks ago, when using my (previous, lost) iPad air, everything worked just fine. So I keep my fingers crossed for tonight and will report back tomorrow.

Meanwhile it seems that Warren from Algoriddim just has disappeared here… That’s bad!

Happy New Year! I played over 6 hours last night, using my new iPad Air without any problems. Hope it stays that way. So far, iPad Air seems to be good to go with. The storage size of my iPad Air is 32GB, but I think that’s unrelated to the problem.

Read this topic from the top and have your answer.

Thanks Warren. Is a solution in sight?