Djay2, ios7, iDJPro - Split Feed to House Audio - Random!!

Hope link will work: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb…

It seems to work flawless on the iPad Air though, also under iOS7.

I completely agree with Stuart. This fix really takes way too long. Even for me, since using the iPad Air I have not experienced the bug anymore, it just should work with my iPad 3 as well. Please Warren, give us a timeframe for the fix to be released. We deserve that after 3 months of waiting and suffering!

I urge everyone here to write a 1-star review for the DJAY 2 app in the app store. Maybe that will help getting out a fix sooner …

Here is their reply on my complaint on Facebook:

"Hi Ron,

First off, thank you very much for your patience and cooperation so far.

Please rest assured that this issue is our top priority and that we’re working non-stop to investigate this problem. As the iDJ Pro is the only controller affected by this issue, Numark is also working on finding a solution as quickly as possible."

But what time frame are we looking at? Days? Weeks? Months?

That’s very valuable feedback Ritchie. Combine this with the ‘fact’ that the iPad Air does not suffer at all from the swapping problem and some smart guy or girl at Numark may see a solution somewhere …

Yes Brandon. I have used the iPad air now for at least 6 gigs and so far without any split feed problems.

Yeah it is getting bad, I don’t even have iOS 7 and my iDJ Pro is acting up after less than 6 months, No sound out of one deck, randomly when crossfader is in middle (automixing songs) Then last night all audio randomly quit, screen switched to where it looked like the iDJ Pro was unplugged from the iPad, it wasn’t.

After all my issues plus all the stuff in this thread, I have lost confidence in the product and DJ. I have a wedding on Saturday and need to find a different tool.

if some of you had it before iOS 7, and even on Djay 1, could it be a bad batch of hardware? Have any of you tried the DJ Player app (which is midi mapped to the iDJ Pro already in the program) to see if it happens with that as well? If so I would say could be a certain batch of hardware.

Ron, can you post a pic of how the iPad Air looks in the iDJ Pro?

Thanks Homie

What sucks is, even though they say this is a top priority I’m not convinced it is. How many people that use DJay 2 actually have an iDJ Pro? Algoriddim is more worried about the software working.

It seems to work fine on the Vestax Spin 2. Since it does, I’m sure the makes of DJay 2 see it as more of a hardware issue, which it may be. Numark seems to have given up on the iDJ Pro, when you talk to them, they only have refurbished ones in stock with no timetable of new orders. (can’t really blame them as quickly as apple is changing the look and size of the iPad)

The Reloop Beatpad has a manufacturing defect that has caused the company to tell everyone who has bought one that they must send their unit in to get fixed so it no longer makes a crackle sound. Link is here:

http://support.reloopdj.com/beatpad/b…

So until that gets sorted out, no sense in buying one of those. Of course the nice thing about the Beatpad and Spin 2 is that no matter how they change the look of the iPad, it doesn’t affect those controllers as much as the iDJ Pro (sucks having to leave the back door open)

NI still can’t sort Traktor DJ out with the S2 and S4 MK2, there are all kinds of issues, and not only with the iPad, heck people are having freezing issues with them on their PC as well.

All in all, Djing with the iPad and a controller that actually charges it has taken a big step backwards this year, it is annoying.

Well, the update is out, and it looks like they added key detection for older devices, so, who is going to be the guinea pig for the firmware update?

In the App store

Survey Says?

Any update from the beta testers? Also, I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and they had 2 brand new iDJ Pro’s there at a clearance price of $239.99 apiece. They are $299.99 online but were only $239.99 in store here in Michigan.

I post that since I know someone, Brandon I think was thinking about getting more for his business if they sorted this issue out.

If it works, my only fear is, what happens when iOS 7.1 comes out?

My guess is, they will slowly let it die. They have another iPad controller in the works that also works with a computer and USB. I doubt they will ever make another iDJ Pro because of Apple always changing iPad size and this one literally had just come out when they introduced the lightning cable.

Unfortunately, I can’t find where I read about the new Numark controller, I read it’s name in the comments section on digitaldjtips.com and googled it. But I don’t remember what article the comment was under.

I have not, and actually, I get a lot of compliments on how clean the sound is and how good the music sounds, but I am still using iOS 6 on the iPad I use for the iDJ Pro (may finally get to upgrade now) so if you did, it very well could be this issue.

I’ve been using this software since release and never knew that. Sweet, Sweet