DJAY2 not working properly with IOS 7 and Pioneer controller

How about on your iPad with the Music app?

In this case, please kindly contact Pioneer support directly:
http://pioneerdj.com/english/support…

Upgraded to ios 7, downloaded the latest version of djay, went to play on my iDJ Pro to find that my jogs aren’t pitch bending correctly :frowning: also, the app crashed when I went into settings.

warren, you state you notified pioneer support but there is an audio iue using IDJ Pro as well. how can this be a controller issue? Then Numark is on the hook as well? This is a great app and I have been using it since it came out with both Numark and pioneer hardware. I await a fix from Algoriddim anxiously. thanks

Great news, updated and works great. Thank you Warren and Algoriddim. One question thoough. On the Pioneer site it says they brought down the bit rate from 24 to 16. Doesent that mean they lowered the sound quality? So we had 24 bitrate and now going to have 16? Just curious. What I noticed was more of a loud sound on my system. Haven’t tried at louder volume to test. May try to see later. Thanks

Hello
I used the new “day 2” and IOS 6 with my ddj ergo and the djc wecai so far without problems.
After Update my IPad 3 on IOS 7 work my pioneer ddj ergo no longer correctly the sound is distorted when standing in front of the boxes it sounds terrible.

Please help

I would also like an answer to this!

On the Pioneer site it says they brought down the bit rate from 24 to 16. Doesnt that mean they lowered the sound quality? So we had 24 bitrate and now going to have 16?

Update to the 9. Firmware for iOS 7 users

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/sof…

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Djay 2 ios7 pioneer wego with wecai problems.

The controller doesn’t work well at all with the iOS 7/ djay 2 update. The songs take too long to load and cause glitching and scratching sounds when they play. I only updated my iPhone 4 to test it so far and I am afraid to upgrade my iPhone 5 / ipad 2 / ipad mini.

I tested my ipad2 with the updated day 2 and the wego/wecai as well. It works better with iOS 6 but the songs are still delayed and jump a bit. No scratching sound though.

Has anyone experienced this and can it be fixed?

How did you down grade djay2? I haven’t upgraded my ipad2 but the latest djay2 2.1.1 even has glitches with wego on 6.1.3. I experienced delayed song loads and lots of skipping.

I went to Pioneer forums and found it odd that i could not find one post about ios7 problems. I just made a post in their digital dj forum and saw that the post is pending review by a moderator. Hopefully, it gets posted and commented on.

Working with my iPhone 5 with Pioneer update. Will now upgrade iPad 2 and iPad mini to test those. Thanks!

you either need to update the firmware on the ergo (which is telling the ipad it needs too much power than the ipad can provide, EVEN though it is not taking any power from the Ipad, OR you need to use a small cheap non powered usb hub.

I have the same problem when using flash drives. Some of them work when plugged into the cck and some tell the ipad they require more power when in fact they dont need it, but plugging them into my usb hub solves that Problem too.

So to sum up for you. when you plug a usb device into the ipad via the camera connection kit it, as part of its initial setup communication, it tells the ipad the maximum power it may require. The later version of Ipad have set a lower maxium limit a usb device can ask for so it doesnt drain the ipad battery too fast. If the usb device asks for too much the ipad says its not compatible and shuts the port down!!!.
The earlier Pioneer products “firmware” all asked for too much power from the ipad so it shut the port down. Even when you use the WeCai-cable so the pioneer device isnt using any power from the ipad, it still told the ipad how much it was going to use so the ipad shut it down. Pioneer modified their firmware to lie to the ipad to say it needed much less power than it really did and so the ipad connects to it, LOL

hope that helps

Hi Warren,

I was using DJAY2 2.1 (last release).

A noise (like a crack) is heard in the audio output when the crossfader is moved from the active transport. As the above case, iPad is connected via wecai cable to Pioneer WeGo firmware 1.09.

If you need more info, let me know.

Rgds.

Last minute status. I have downgraded the iPad to IOS 6.1.3 and DJAY2 2.0.2 and all work as they should.

Clearly, there is something wrong when using IOS 7…

Issue fixed with IOS 7 and Pioneer. Thanks for your help, Warren.

On Numark idj Pro, the pre-cue function goes crazy at any given time with ios7. The music you should be hearing in the headphones only, at any time will start broadcasting to the main output, and the volume level spikes! I almost ran a whole crowd of people off the dancefloor. This is a serious problem guys!! Also going to settings and general, freezes and eventually shuts the app down. This must be fixed immediately

I also upgraded my iPad 3 to ios7 and when I used my DDJ Wego with Djay 2 app, I hear a cicking sound… Is there something wrong with my DDJ Wego or its a software issue between Djay 2 App and ios7? I tried using iphone and itouch and still hearing it. All updated to IOS7

Santiago: how did you downgrade your iPad to IOS6?

Anche io cavolo,ma chi lo ha fatto questo ios7??? Da vomitoooooo