Does WeGo3 controller works with iPad pro/Air 2020 (usb-c) and new djay Pro AI?

Like the discussion started in iPad Pro (2020) with Pioneer DDJ-WeGo3 Charge Cable ?, I do have a simular question.

I want to exchange a existing iPad air (with lightning interface) with a new iPad (Pro or Air, thus with usb-c connection).

Can anyone confirm that the connection will work with a usb-B (male) to usb-C (male) cable? (Amazon.com)
Without an multiport adapter for charging or must I use the adapter?
Also sometimes its mentioned that (the adpater/cable) is without audio/video, does it effects the funcionality from the controller?

Eventually I would connect the cable from the usb-B port from the controller to the usb-C port from the ipad, the audio output is on the back of the controller and it would work with the latest Djay-Pro-Ai app!
Right?

Some though questions but its so pitty if I cant use the WeGo3 anymore…

Thanks for helping/answering.

Piwi.

As I saw in this (Can’t connect ipad pro 2020 to djwego2 through IOS connection) discussion, i think it would be possible, but can anyone confirm?

And let my concern be minor…

Hi PiWi

I actually have the wego3 and it works great with the iPad Pro 12.9" via usb C (so air should work too).
I suggest you only use the wego3 with it’s power supply plugged in as when used on usb power only it can lock up from time to time (never did on outlet power).
It will work directly with a usb b (printer) to usb c cable but obviously the iPad will not charge that way (great for testing).

Easiest way to use is with a usb c hub and the standard usb cable that comes with most DJ controllers ie. usb b to usb a.

I used to use the wego3 with its iOS cable when used with my old iPad 3 that had a lightning connector. That cable cannot be used in any way with the new iPads/usbc!

Wego3, iPad Pro 12.9, djay Ai, mic, usb c hub hyperdrive (2021)

Wego3, iPad series 3, djay 2, mic, iOS cable to lightning (2021)

Upgrade (2021) (wego3 is now ready as a backup)

1 Like

Best wishes to all anyway.

Thanks STe, thats what I wanna hear/see.
Tnx.
I already ordered a Usb-B to Usb-C cable and wait for it.
I will share my experience with you guys.
My son does have recently bought a Air so pre testing wil be possible.

Piwi.

1 Like

DId this work? Can’t get the connection and the power to work both…

It definitely works. I was using my wego3 yesterday to test out Djay 4.0.12. With IPad Pro, via a powered hub and the iPad was charging.
It all depends on your setup if you want to charge the iPad while using it with the wego.
As I wrote above. The wego will work with only a cable between it and the iPad usbc, but you need a hub/adapter if you also want it to charge the iPad.

What are you trying to connect together?

Good question.
Now i did buy a new iPad and want to test it ASAP.
Also want to switch to some other provider of music due to Spotify not allowing to dj anymore…
If I succeed I will inform you all…

Thanks for the reply. I have bought like a dozen of cables and connectors, with no succes.

Im trying to connect Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3-W with pad pro.

I’m having an important DJ set in february for my son and use to work with my old ipad air (connected with the lightning cable) but with the pro I can use the Neural function of the DJAY app and it is much faster.Battery life is suppose to be 8-10 hours but I guess it will be less while dj’ing…

I’m using the latest version of DJAY on ipad pro (4th generation).

I bought this hub, but it doesn’t work: https://www.bol.com/be/nl/p/nexibo-usb-3-0-hub-met-voeding-en-usb-c-adapter-usb-splitter-en-verdeler-voor-laptop-4-poorten-5gbps-ps4/9300000013446786/?s2a=

Hi there
What usb hub do you have and what size is the power supply.
Is this definitely a network hub or just a multiple usb charger?

I’m using Tidal now, works great

: https://www.bol.com/be/nl/p/nexibo-usb-3-0-hub-met-voeding-en-usb-c-adapter-usb-splitter-en-verdeler-voor-laptop-4-poorten-5gbps-ps4/9300000013446786/?s2a=

Some hubs do not support charging the iPad, I have three that do and work fine.
Having trouble reading your hubs info in English.

The thing is that when I connect the ipad with an USB A port, it charges but won’t connect with the DJ-controller. This is also connected with an USB A port on the hub.
Do all the ports of your hubs communicatie with each other or is there a master port?
I suppose the hub has to be powered?

Power the wego with its own power supply, not usb only.
Power the hub.

My ADG hub has 1x usb a and 3 x USBc. But only one of the usb C is networked the others only charge. My other hub are usb a only and they are all networked.

If you had an apple usbc/a adapter it would 100% work, if you had my hubs it would 100% work.
Your set up may work but either the hub is not networking between the ports, is in some way not compatible with the IPad or there is an issue with the cables.
I have a hub similar to yours that is powered and charges 5 devices but won’t talk to anything because it is dumb. Check the hub instructions for iPad compatibility for anything other than charging.

Just sent you message

@gertsolo

Ok.
I figured it out.
On this moment I do have several working options.

1: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-C iPad Pro Working (no supply)
2: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-C iPad Pro Incl. Supply on Magic Keyboard → Working and iPad is charging
3: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-C iPad Pro thru HyperDrive → Working (no charging)
4: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-A Ipad Pro thru HyperDrive and Usb-C for Charging → Working and iPad is charging
5: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-B iPad Pro thru HyperDrive → Working (no charging)
6: DDJ WeGO3 Usb-B → Usb-A iPad Pro thru HyperDrive incl. Supply on Magic Keyboard → Working and iPad is charging

I’m gonna work whith optiion 2.
For me its the best sollution.

Thanks for all thinking and help.
Next case is to transfer all Spotify playlist to Tidal.
Somebody any thoughts?
All help/tips welcome.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4