DVS Support would really shake up the competition.

Automix

Says you. Where I come from companies are always teasing new features and interacting with their user base. This was always the case with video game companies. Also, regardless of what they think, they aren’t curing cancer. It’s a DJ program in 2016. It should have dvs.

1 Like

I use Djay Pro for its integration, Spotify, and video mixing capabilities. DVS would be a game changer whether you want to admit it or not!

Bro, we’re ALL on the edge of our seats waiting for it! No joke!

I fully, fully, fully agree with that! Come on ALGORIDDIM let’s go!

Hopefully it will be coming soon.

Which Gadget is that, Jan?

Sounds like you just gave us the information…and it sounds awesome!!

man this would be the ultimate!!

I figured that the reloop controller that they just came out with that kind of looks like the AMX, that something like DVS for DJAY could be in the works, I would really hope so because the “DJ player” app is cool but its all glitchy on my ipad air 1, and does not support Spotify, and we do not have Deezer in the US. But it sounds like from the hint up above its on its way lol

Hmm thanks!

Thank you for your reply Warren.
Is DVS support something you are looking into?

There is currently only 1 iOS/iPad/iPhone DVS solution: http://djplayerapp.com
They have managed to do it using the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a NI Traktor sound card.
The great thing about this solution is that you will instantly get loads of Traktor users on board because they already have the hardware required.
Please Algoriddim…we really need this!!!
I’ve been a Traktor and Serato user for years and would happily ditch the pair of them if Djay supported DVS.
With your integration of Spotify and DVS you have a great USP.
Kind regards
Stuart
PS We also need a button on the main GUI so we can quickly toggle the crossfader curve to cut mode without going through the menus.
This is a MUST to get all the Turntablist/Scratchers on board.

"The Traktor hardware is by no means necessary for DVS with DJ Player. "
What hardware would you recommend using then Deejay Dave for DVS on DJ Player?

Also. What features of Serato and Traktor do you have to use to be considered a “power user”?

FTR the only DJ’s I know who use DVS are turntablists and all they’re interested in is Cue points and being able to manipulate their digital tracks with pinpoint accuracy using timecode vinyl.
I believe Djay is more than capable of this and I would much rather use a tablet running an app than my laptop for this purpose.

Kind regards
Stuart

“On the iOS side of things, timecode seems like overkill.”
Why do you think timecode on iOS is overkill?
I’d much rather use an iOS device than my MBP if it were possible because of the touch screen.

I don’t understand it either. There are however other alternatives and I know lots of people who are ditching Djay in favour of DJ Player which offers DVS on the ios platform. It’s a shame because literally 1000’s of DJ’s on the turntablist forums said they wanted to stick with Algoriddim but the lack of DVS support forced them to switch.
Maybe one day soon they’ll see sense. In the meantime DJ Player is the one to use.

So would I.

Thank you Lukas.
It means a lot to me and I’m sure all the others following this thread.
Serato in their latest release have made some serious improvements for DVS users, so it certainly isn’t going away or not getting supported.
Please push for this. You have a fantastic iOS App.
Don’t let DJ Player push you out the market because it supports DVS.
Kind regards
Stuart

I totally understand where you’re coming from.
Algoriddim seriously need to support DVS to be taken seriously alongside the likes of Traktor & Serato.
Djay is a great app with a really nice GUI…lets make it even better and introduce DVS!!!

Hey Sean,
Does VDJ support DVS for use with Spotify Playlists?
Cheers
Stuart