DVS Support would really shake up the competition.

I couldn’t agree more.

The only thing I would add is to make these features available on iPad App.

DJ’s don’t always want to carry a laptop nowadays!!

That’s interesting. I never knew that.

That’s not meant to sound sarcastic.
I’m being genuine.

If your not bothered about Spotify integration DJ Player App on iOS is a great App that supports DVS on an iPad!!!

Check out DJ Player App on iPad.
It supports DVS and even Traktors Stems!!!
As far as I’m aware it’s the only iPad App with DVS.
Sadly no Spotify!!!

I couldn’t agree more!!!
Come on Algoriddim…I’ve been waiting years for this!!!

I’d be happy with that.

https://youtu.be/wzHYtCrxEc0

Take a look at the video above MattDaMattrix

At first glance I was hoping that it sent the Phase remote data to the receiver via Bluetooth.
If this was the case, I was thinking that Algoriddim could update their app to receive and read the data being sent.
I thought this might be a very attractive alternative to traditional DVS for Algoriddim to implement.
Unfortunately because it’s not Bluetooth this wouldn’t be an option.

If any one was in doubt, here’s how Phase works:
There’s something similar to an accelerometer inside of the Phase remotes. They measure the rotation angle, speed and direction of the phase remotes and send the information to the receiver. Instead of Bluetooth, MWM has developed their own patented wireless technology that’s less susceptible to interference.
The great thing about Phase is that there’s far less susceptibility to common timecode stamped vinyl issues such as Bass rumble, dying/dusty needle etc.
The Dock is used to recharge the Phase remotes and also acts as the timecode output device – it sends timecode signal out to your laptop via a USB cable.
Basically, if you have a traditional DVS setup and switched to Phase, the Phase receiver would simply replace your Soundcard/Traktor/Serato box and the Phase remotes sit on any vinyl of your choice.

I couldn’t agree with you more Jayneural & Daniel Di Rossi.
It’s good to see activity picking up on this thread again.
Thank you for your input.
Hopefully if this thread continues to see support we might finally see some action from the Algoriddim team.

Deejay Dave, can you please explain what you mean when you say “Djay Pro NOT being a professional solution”?
Surely a professional DJ can use whatever App/software he or she chooses.

Your post seems to suggest that the inclusion of DVS functionality in DJ Apps and Software is what makes it either Pro or Consumer.

Do you really think that Spotify integration is what is preventing Algoriddim from adding DVS functionality to their App?

“VDJ tried and look what happened” - Why exactly did Spotify integration get removed from VDJ?
Was it because VDJ has DVS capability?

Kind regards

Copied from the Virtual DJ Website:

2017-09-08 Update:
Following the inquiry of a major label into the use of Spotify in Pro DJ applications like VirtualDJ, Spotify access has been temporarily removed from VDJ 8. We are in discussions with the concerned parties in order to restore and improve the service but currently no ETA can be provided"

Jayneural, I can only assume that the “major label” mentioned in the Virtual DJ Update above doesn’t have any of their labels music on Deezer.

From what I’ve read about Phase and seen on videos of DJ’s using Phase it looks like a serious alternative to traditional DVS.
Providing the latency isn’t too great it would meet my needs.
All DVS users really want to do is manipulate digital music files with the use of turntables and vinyl. As long as it does this accurately, I don’t think anyone really cares how it does it.
Obviously the simpler (Less wires/Hardware) this setup can be, the better.

Yes, that is correct Daniel.

The Stanton SCS 1D is a fantastic controller in theory…Unfortunately Stanton never really got it to play nice with the top DJ software companies.
In an attempt to get it to work better you had to run a piece of software in the background called Darouter.
The real nail in the coffin for this product was that it used FireWire 400.
I would have liked to have seen a MKII released with USB and all the latency and drift issues sorted.
Unfortunately Stanton have dropped it and no longer support them.
It was a similar story with Stantons Final Scratch if anyone remembers that?

From what I’ve read FireWire to US adapters don’t work from the many who have tried so you need a FW port to start with.
If you have FW it will map but when you do get it mapped the latency and drift are too much for serious scratching.
Such a shame, they’re currently selling for £200 brand new!!!
Not bad considering they were over £600 when released.
Unfortunately if you buy one you’ll end up with a very expensive paperweight.

Yes but you need a laptop that supports FireWire 400 and be prepared for latency and drift on the platters.
Also, you’ll get little to no support Stanton.
I’ve looked into it and decided against it…I love the product but it just doesn’t work well.