Edit beat grid at multiple places

ignoring the requests for shifting time signatures over time (no idea how this is solved for by any other software), just looking at a single signature that has different tempos over the course of the song.

Ableton: Beat grid is completely adjustable via interface of dragging beat markers

Serato: can set a down beat manually throughout the song. (not as easy to use, but i imagine the dev work would be less in this implementation)

would love any feature to solve for this. thanks!

As a thought, would it be feasible to use NeuralMix to ‘see’ where the beats are then dynamically create a beat grid based on that? Maybe as an option rather than the default since I’d guess most tracks from the most regularly used genres will have a pretty static beat grid.

This would be handy however it’s implemented though. Recently came across 2 relatively modern tracks, one was a 1hr sound collage by Psychic TV (ok, not that modern!) that had some wicked beats interspersed with sound FX etc, it’d be cool to just be able to use sync to synchronise with those beats. Then I found another from the last year or so that was modestly house tempo, but the breakdown was more drum & bass speed and again, it’d be cool to be able to mix in to /out of that d&b segment to allow for crossing genres.

Yeah I agree - even if you could set a new down beat and a new tempo for specific sections that would be a big improvement! - yes adding in the ability to have different time signatures would take it to a completely new level altogether, but even small steps forward here would be hugely important…

The big plus point for me with djay pro is the Neural Mix ability - now Rekordbox are offering similar as are serato, we really need this in djay pro to prevent it from falling behind the competition.

1 Like

My data was saved. All the cue points are there but beat-grids that had been changed on all the tracks nearly 1000 of them have not been carried across.

The beat grid information has not been backed up by the application. So all those tracks have incorrect starting grids on the new device.

I notified support, they said they passed this information along to there Engineering Team for further review and would keep updated with any news as it comes in

I see that beatgrid saving has been requested many time over the years so not holding much hope.

Serato have great beatgrid adapted.

2 Likes

You will be waiting, I’ve also contacted support on numerous occasions regarding beat grids and nothing EVER happens.

Perhaps everyone requesting this feature for the last 3 years should leave one star reviews on the App Store detailing the support and development team failure on this issue.

1 Like

Perhaps people who are suggesting one star reviews for not getting their personal wish in an otherwise great piece of software should be banned from the forum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d also like this improvement, alongside other much more needed stuff IMHO, but that doesn’t make the app a failure. I think it’s still the best out there.

If anything, a 5 star review would attract new customers, which potentially means more development time.

Edit: just to be clear, I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and review bombing is not done.

Well there has been more than 10 million android downloads already. I believe that is way more than the other two platforms yet it is still the least maintained version of the app.

I think it works differently. The time they put in any platform is most likely related to their projected return on investment.

If Android would be the main cash cow, Algoriddim would be stupid not to make that a priority when it comes to development resources.

IOS version is done by subscription I believe. The Windows version is about £45 to purchase but they have just released an A.I Pro beta version. We’ll have to wait and see if they make that version subscription based. The android version is free or £6.99 to unlock the split audio feature. Obviously Algoriddim price each product accordingly so they must think that its only worth a one off fee of £6.99.

I’d be very surprised if future version(s) weren’t going to be subscription based.

I personally don’t think there will be any future versions on the android platform and I very much doubt they will make the current version subscription based.

It’s just a gut feeling, but with the recent major update to the Windows version (now in public beta), I suspect Algoriddim is also busy working on a major update to Android version. If this happens, I’m sure it will move to subscription as well.

I have to disagree. The android version is only compatible with a handful of controllers. Due to audio routing limitations on the android platform, these controllers also do not work correctly.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 plus and a Reloop Beatpad and have never been able to plug headphones into the headphone jack and precue the next track that i want to play. Both Algoriddim and Reloop have stated that they cannot fix this problem.

I have tested many android devices, Samsung, Sony, HTC etc and unfortunately the problem persists. Other people have tested an even wider range of devices, all with the same problem.

I believe the only controller that does work correctly is the pioneer ddj 200 as the audio isn’t routed through the controller. Instead, the audio is routed through the android device via the headphone jack. Obviously a DJ splitter cable is required to then split the left and right channel into mono precue and mono master out.

The fact that this fundamental issue simply cannot be resloved means that djay can’t really be used to any professional capacity on the android platform. It would also suggest that the app probably won’t receive the same upgrades as seen on the other platforms. To this end, I am also fairly certain that they won’t be able to introduce a subscription based service on the android platform as I can’t see many people subscribing to a service that doesn’t really work correctly.

Beyond that, people report bugs on this forum all the time but the moderators only seem to respond when an issue is found on either the apple or windows platform. Android users seem to get ignored and it’s almost as if they have totally given up on trying to fix any issues that they encounter.

1 Like

I realize this is getting off topic, so I’ll respond and then perhaps we can continue this in a new thread.
Personally, I hope you’re right. Algoriddim is a small company. IMO it would be better if they dropped Android support all together and instead focused their resources on continuing to improve the iOS, MacOS and Windows versions.

I’ve never owned an Android device though so my opinion is rather lopsided. However, having DJed many gigs on Windows, MacOS and iOS devices over the years, I will always choose Apple first. The user experience is simply smoother and more reliable in my usage. Actually, the only reason I even started using a Mac WAS for DJing. So, again IMO, if you want the most Pro experience, I would start there.

Adding a +1 to this feature, I’m finding the lack of it is really holding back the creativity of my mixes. Short of resetting the first beat of the bar at both the beginning and end of a song EVERY time I play it, I just have to let go of a bunch of creative stuff I’d want to do otherwise.

Hello everyone. I’m happy to report that this has been addressed in the recent djay Pro 5 release. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.