Edit Track Metadata!

You cannot edit track / metadata tags in djay Pro; you have to use a separate-external program like:

• Apple Music or iTunes
  • MP3Tag (my fav for bulk and specialized edits)
  • Serato (my fav for quick edits)
  • Traktor Pro
1 Like

Hi @DJWillby,

This question has already been answered in another thread so I will be merging this one with the one linked below.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Hi Nathaniel,

What other thread was this question answered in? I only see you linking to a comment in this self-same thread, above.

I’m also eager to share another +1 to this feature request (or to know if it has been put on the roadmap).

Kind Regards,

2 Likes

I fully agree with you for the implementation of these basic functions for local library management.
I’ve talked about this and other things I’d like them to implement in this link. My thoughts on Djay Pro AI V4

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

2 Likes

+1! Come on guys, please add metadata editing. Is it even in the development roadmap?

2 Likes

I’d really love this feature too!

1 Like

+1 to this.

As apps mature and look to go toe to toe with other ‘pro’ solutions the devil is in the collection management. Editing metadata being one. Also for example, it’s wild that there isn’t a genre column!

I know it’s not the most exciting stuff to work on, but these fundamentals all add up to either enhance or detract from a users day to day experience of the app. And it you want to muscle in on the current clique of pro options and not just go for hobbyists, this is where it matters.

2 Likes

Thanks, All, for your continued feedback and patience! We are aware of the demand for such functionality in djay, and I’ll continue to push this internally with our Dev Team. Rest assured, I’ll keep you posted here when I have more news! :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Emily!

Replying to keep this thread alive… after the frustration of not being able to properly refresh/edit metadata or ID3 tag I took some time to mess around with other programs such as Searto & Rekord box. although they were both great for library management… the UI & overall functionality of those programs was not ideal for me. djay pro has my heart :joy: but lack of library management ability makes it hard to see as an option for someone who wants to grow into a professional or club environment. or even a hobbyist who wants to build and organize huge libraries. hope we can get a fix for this as it has been requested since squints at text 2013… I’ll try to find a workaround in the meantime… maybe I have to edit all data before importing it into djay but regardless it seems the community would love to see some action on this.

1 Like

Purlease give us star ratings at least! I use these to tag the ‘energy’ of tracks… going back to Recordbox and a laptop for now :cry:

By the way this request really ought to be combined with

As it’s all about metadata…

This is fine, but then we can’t even see e.g. star ratings in the track browser can we?

Is this really still not implemented? Does anyone know of a workaround to be able to quickly rate a track and also sort by genre? It’s kind of frustrating that this is such a basic feature in every other DJ software except this one, which is better in almost every other way.

This would be great! Also the ability to move playlist around

Hi Emily, any more news on this quality of life feature post v5 launch?

For reference:

• Metadata editing is available in djay Pro 5.0 for macOS, but not iOS.
  • Metadata can be edited in “My Collection” or “My Files”.
  • In “Apple Music” you can only edit the: key, track color and rating.
1 Like

[quote=“KidVector, post:42, topic:14118, full:true”]
Hi Emily, any more news on this quality of life feature post v5 launch?
[/quoteFor a long time I have been asking for library management similar to that of Rekordbox which currently has no opponents. The library management even in this new version 5.0 is really clumsy. But I must also admit that this new version has finally brought at least the possibility of modifying the grid if necessary. However they have done an excellent job with this new version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.