Enable Saved Loops automatically

Is it possible to set a saved loop to be activated automatically when this point in the title is reached?

3 Likes

Would love this too. Actually posted something like this as a request on the old forum ages ago…

Found it: SAVING "Loop sets" vs. cue points - #2 by Mister_Tuur

Hi @Chris_R,

Thanks for reaching out about this on our Community. I think what you’re looking for is available in the Saved Loop panel in djay Pro AI for iOS.

For any saved loops you have there, if you tap the auto-loop icon next to the loop, then this loop will be activated automatically when this point in the track is reached. The saved loop turns blue when activated for this auto-loop functionality as shown below:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for, or if you had something else in mind. :musical_note:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn’t quite hit the mark. :wink: What I had in mind is the option that a saved loop is automatically activated as soon as the track is loaded into a deck.

Thanks for clarifying what you’re looking for, @Chris_R. So it sounds like you’re looking for the option to load a track into a deck with one automatically activated saved loop ready to go.

Just so our team can have a better understanding of this, could you tell me a little more about how you’d use this feature? Is it sort of like a safety measure where you’d like the automatically activated loop towards the end of the track to ensure a proper transition? It would be great to hear more.

It would also be interesting to hear your ideas about how this might be implemented in djay. So for example, would you see it being something like djay could take the saved loop that is latest in the loaded track (by time) and automatically activate that one? Or how would you envision this option being available in djay?

Hello and thank you for the feedback! :slight_smile:
As already recognized, I would like to use this to prepare tracks to run a loop that I can actually use for mixing into the next track.
I would like the option to be able to select a saved loop that is automatically activated when the track is loaded.
I feel that having such a feature would make saved loops much more usable. I personally don’t find saved loops alone very useful.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing more about exactly what you’re looking for in djay.

I’ve passed this feedback to our Development Team, and also added this request to our internal tracking system for our team to take into consideration for future developments. I’ll keep you posted when we have any news about this.

I’ve also moved this thread over to the Suggestions category in our Community so other users can up-vote the request and/or add additional comments.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and suggestions! It really helps us to continually improve djay. :headphones:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Enable Saved Loops automatically:

Hi. I just wondering if this issue has been rectified? It would be soooo useful to be able to set loops that automatically trigger when the track gets to the saved loop.

Thanks!

No updates on this request yet, but rest assured I’ll keep this thread updated when we have more news! Thanks for adding your vote to this suggestion. :pray:

Hello all together! Is there any news about this topic in the meantime? Or maybe this already works in the current version of Djay and I just haven’t discovered it yet? :wink:

Thanks for checking in! Sorry, but I don’t have any updates about this yet, and it’s not yet possible in the current version of djay. I will push the request again internally, and keep this thread updated with future developments!

Bumpy.

From SAVING "Loop sets" vs. cue points - #2 by Mister_Tuur

DJ Player Pro has this great feature (global setting) where the last / 8th / H cue works as a final loop that will automatically kick in when it passes that cue point.

Fantastic for creating extended outro’s.

+1 Would love this feature too, I would use it as a ‘locked groove’, as I have on some of my vinyl records.

I took a closer look at the implementation in DJ Player Pro. This has not really something to do with the 8th cue point, but with the last of the eight possible slots for storing loops. If the song reaches this position, this loop is automatically activated. There this is called “trap”. This is an implementation that I can also imagine very well for Djay Pro.

+1 for this. Been wanting this feature for a long time.

Maybe they’ve changed it? My quote is 4 years old… :wink:

Edit: you raise a valid point though. It could be any of the loop slots of course.

Are you sure that this works with every slot? The manual on the homepage explicitly refers to the 8th slot:
“If you save a loop for the 8th slot, then it becomes a “trap”. When a music reaches the starting point of the trap, the loop is automatically activated.”
Ultimately, however, this is not so important, I think, it would be nice if DJay Pro would offer such a possibility in principle. :wink:

No. I thought that was what you were saying… :sweat_smile:

Yes I was looking for the same thing. I’d like to end a session with the option to save as opposed to having to record it first to save it. Kind of like Pro Tools & logic Pro interfaces allow you to end a session & auto-save it as you left it.