Export playlist.

Hello, I have my music library on an external SSD organized with iTunes. I would like to be able to create a playlist in djay pro and export the files to my MacBook so that I don’t need external storage. How can I do this? I’ve tried some methods, but when I delete the files from my Mac, it doesn’t recognize the ones stored on the external iTunes SSD and throws an error. Additionally, I have to delete them from the djay pro library and add them again for it to work. Is there any way?

You will have to use Apple Music.
Here are 3 methods:

1. Basic Method
  • create playlist in Apple Music
    – drag tracks to local folder
    – import to djay Pro
  1. djay Pro Playlist (My Collection)
  • export .csv file
  • convert to .m3u playlist
  • import .m3u to Apple Music
    – import to djay Pro

(To convert .csv to .m3u, see this post.)

1. DJ Sets (History) - direct export to an Apple Music playlist
  • create a DJ Set by manually mixing tracks or use Automix
    – “Export playlist to Music App …”
    – import to djay Pro

2 Likes

Thanks, I think I should write in the suggestions forum now. There should be an “export playlist” option. Traktor is the one that has it solved best.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed and clear explanation @Michael_Wisniewski Greatly appreciated as usual!

1 Like
  1. Basic Method
  • create playlist in Apple Music
    – import to djay Pro.

I tried this option, and it worked (the third one seems unfeasible to me). The issue was that after deleting the copied folder on Mac, I can’t play the same songs from iTunes (library hosted on an external SSD) with Djay Pro, and it shows me this error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.