Last night I enabled the Highest Tidal resolution in djay now that Tidal has exited their HiRes FLAC beta into release.
With two small exceptions last night, djay performed flawlessly - both times, playback of “cached” tracks stopped mid-song. Part of me believes these incidents stem from the source - a problem with Tidal’s CDM or database, perhaps, or possibly a network glitch on my end…but it’s also possible the code is exceeding the capabilities of my host. I didn’t have the opportunity to troubleshoot. Posting to see if anybody else has experienced/is experiencing this.
(Coming from being a bit of an MQA snob, I begrudgingly have to admit that 24/192 resolution sounds awesome…I’m SUPER happy with how everything sounds right now, and how well it all works)
@Djdash I’ve been using streaming almost entirely for gigs for several years now. Sure I’ve had a few scary moments, but the vast majority of the time it works flawlessly. The key is to be prepared with backup options just in case.
@heysoundude I don’t enable High quality settings for Tidal anymore actually. I tried a few times in the past and had issues getting a full track buffer so I’ve kept it at Normal since. Also, I mainly use Beatport Link Pro these days. Great to hear of your success with HighRes FLAC though. This is very encouraging indeed!
Update to my original post - the glitch I mentioned in the top post here happened again last night, and exactly twice again.
If I can confirm it tonight for a 3rd consecutive show/night, I’m going to step down a notch before I report whatever I can come up with to replicate it.
I’m familiar with that thread, having posted in it…and yes, that’s roughly what was happening.
HOWEVER - last night, I had a Gibraltar-like rock solid system, and here’s what I changed:
the zoom level of the waveform display/scroll.
I zoomed out a click or 2.
Possibly random or unrelated, but playback/syncing…all perfect.
I can’t recall having changed the default, so that might be where I started and zoomed out from.
NOW I’m wondering if its a MacOS graphics issue that’s causing troubles with the CoreAudio playback mechanisms djay relies on, and if it’s HARDWARE driver related.
Granted, it may have been the power-cycle and complete reboot of the system that got the change to my Tidal resolution setting to solidify…but I’m happy and confident that’s not the issue.