Future of streaming in djay

Algoriddim should honour customers who spent money of the DJAY 2 ipad app and allow them to use soundcloud when spotify is gone… Instead they want people to upgrade to the over bloated and over priced pro version. SO this might be spotify not being great but Algoriddim aren’t being great either. Both companies will loose my business. 

About time pioneer update their Wego ipad app and give people access to beatport like their iphone version… 

Hi David, you said "We are providing a free unlock of pro features specifically for existing djay 2 users so you can continue using SoundCloud and TIDAL. Hope this helps. " - how and when will this happen? Will all the features of my djay2 be still available on this special upgrade version or are you still gonna try and charge me a subscription for stuff I don’t need sometime down the line. 

The djay 2 ipad app was perfect - I really don’t understand how software companies can charge for something and then not support it, or why you constantly have to fiddle with stuff. Shameless up-selling is a real turn off to the vast majority of people. 

Hi David, you said "We are providing a free unlock of pro features specifically for existing djay 2 users so you can continue using SoundCloud and TIDAL. Hope this helps. " - how and when will this happen? Will all the features of my djay2 be still available on this special upgrade version or are you still gonna try and charge me a subscription for stuff I don’t need sometime down the line. 

The djay 2 ipad app was perfect - I really don’t understand how software companies can charge for something and then not support it, or why you constantly have to fiddle with stuff. Shameless up-selling is a real turn off to the vast majority of people. 

A few questions.
We use DJay Pro for Television “Top 40” music playback in and out of commercials. Spotify (now Tidal) gives us endless music options.
Our work model is Director/Producer selects music on spotify. And adds to a collaborative playlist, which they manage, and do APRA  returns. We (in the Studio) access that playlist on DJay Pro, cue up and play to go to air. 
Does this now mean all of our clients will have to change to Tidal?? I saw in the migration process you can sync, From spotify to Tidal, and a MIRROR function is coming soon on “Tune my music”. When is soon? If our  clients do have to change to Tidal, can they use a free account to browse, or do they have to pay to add to a play list.?

Can we now access downloaded Tidal tracks. Extremely useful when on location. And internet is less than ideal.

Is it possible to have a master cue points file on windows. As you can do on Mac(icloud). This way we can share Cue points between studios and remotes.

Djay Pro has been rock solid for us, and our clients are extremely happy with what we can offer them. In an ideal world they can carry on as normal and Tidal And Spotify will talk to each other via "Tune my music automatically,seamlessly, and transparently.

Can I have answers ASAP. So I can approach my clients in confidence.

That is not two beats out?

Beatport and beatsource link will, though :slight_smile:

How? I m getting this error “could not load track requested quality is not allowed in user’s subscription”

Weird… if I look in streaming setting for TIDAL it says HIGH… while for HIFI it says Subscription required
I m using an ipad pro os 13.3.1 with djay 3.3.3  

As soon as you did your first Tidal announcement I did a trial that is expired now… could be that a reason? I ve tried to logout and login again via djay app but still same issue

BTW by free unlock feature for djay 2 users… what do you exactly mean? 3 months tidal trial and 1 month soundcloudgo+ as I see in your website migration link above?

- what TIDAL plan did you sign up for? Free Trial

• did you cancel the subscription after setting up the trial? Yep
  • can you send a screenshot of the error message you are seeing? I can t right now since ipad screenshot are more than 2MB in size and this support platform does not allow to upload, need to use a PC
  • does it work with the normal quality setting? Same error

Found an ipad workaround to decrease file size

So basically you are saying that you are offering to your customer something free that will not work for those that are the most loyal (i.e. like myself that tried by myself tidal as soon as you did your first announcement)… really bizarre.
Anyway I hope that by 1st july quarantine here in Italy will be gone and we can start party again, but I m pretty much sure that I m not going to pay another subscription since I have already choosen Spotify for all my devices smart tv included (even if i m an apple addicted). It’s a pity for me since I ve invested some money also in Reloop just because of Algoriddim… you guys did a great work anyway in these years, keep going and good luck with your business
Luca

So sad…

So sad…

I did premiun sub just for Algoriddim but now I ve decided to cancel Algoriddim and keep SPOT Premium anyway, can t move to tidal nor soundcloud
I m trying to migrate my playlist but it’s a pain… a large part is missing on those two platform… so I will rely on my mp3 library going back to traktor

We (as consumers) are just drops in the water https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/where-will-spotify-be-in-5-years-2020-02-09

And algoriddim is just some water in an ocean (music streaming market)