Future of streaming in djay

Tidal support is already available, you just need to have a paid subscription for the integration, like Spotify.

https://www.algoriddim.com/streaming-migration/tidal

I doubt Tidal or SoundCloud will work offline with djay for the same reason Spotify doesn’t. As far as I’m aware, this is a limitation by Apple within their Terms of Service that restricts one app from accessing the data stored by another app.

Was holding out to try SoundCloud Go+ on their free month trial, then I got a 3 months for 99p offer so went for that.

So far, SoundCloud compared to Spotify is bittersweet. There are old tracks I’ve wanted that are not on Spotify, but are on SoundCloud, then there are modern releases that are on Spotify, but are not on SoundClound. For example, Toolroom’s support of both platforms seems consistent, whereas Defected’s SoundCloud support is lacking compared to their Spotify support.

Some strange ones too where a track is available in the UK on one service and it’s on the other one, but not available in the UK.

SoundCloud’s track labelling isn’t as consistent as Spotify and SoundCloud’s app and web experience is a bit lacking compared to Spotify, such as less sort order options and having to use the app to perform tasks that would be easier on the web browser version. That said, Spotify’s user experience across iOS, Android and desktop apps needs to be made consistent.

I’ll persevere with SoundCloud, especially at 99p for 3 months and Spotify access coming to an end very soon, but if Spotify have got something up their sleeve regarding DJ support, the moment something is launched, such as their own app or they were to partner with someone else, I will have to consider moving platforms, as whilst Spotify isn’t perfect, SoundCloud’s pros and cons are outweighed by Spotify’s for me right now.

How did you find Soundiiz? Did you use the free version?

I’ve used Tune My Music for some Spotify to SoundCloud playlists. It seemed quite good, but SoundCloud’s slightly different approach to uploaders and artist/track name naming conventions leads to tracks not being found.

Edit: Have signed up for a free Soundiiz account, so will have a play.

So, today’s the day, people! It’s been a fun, Spotify! Perhaps we’ll meet again in a DJ app in the future.

Money talks, and within reason I would pay for a higher tier of Spotify subscription to be able to access Spotify’s library for DJ streaming. It’s been fine to do for years officially via Algoriddim djay, so it would be interesting to know the reason for Spotify’s change in policy. Perhaps they’re working with a new partner and will announce something at some point, or maybe developing their own DJ app.

Would also be interesting to see the streaming play stats pre and post djay integration, particularly with genres you associate with DJing, such as House, Tech House, etc.

Hello algoriddim
Now for theses streamers tidal & SoundCloud will they be fix for the auto analyzing track feature or will it be Manuel in other words a drop box to select analyze playlists ??
Please reply this matter is important for us real working DJs

I’m sorry to say David on my Mac there is no such thing I’m very djay pro savy and if there was I worked it without a cause please look again mr David
Thank you for your reply

Ps: SoundCloud does not have music I don’t trust SoundCloud for my gigs plus
I use MacBook Pro not windows tidal in another hand might be abit ok but the music transfer thing only transfers not even half of my playlist from my years with Spotify look into this and see for yourself

Help David thank you for your reply
On my Mac book pro I don’t have the new update because it crashes my controller in other words some functions don’t operate properly like my led lights for sampler and fix leds etc …, now as for your. Screen shot is only for your iTunes play list XML witch is your own library of music
Now for as I was saying for tidal & SoundCloud it has no analyzing function or drop box at all
No I have the old version djay pro 2.1.1 which I always had I never update on my MacBook that iuse to play with I test run it on my other Mac book and on my iPad thank you for your reply please let’s work together to make djay pro great again

It’s a good thing but this is not see attachments below
There no BPM on none of the playlists tidal seems like they don’t add BPM what is algoriddim going to do about this ? And it’s the same with SoundCloud

Hello David
No SoundCloud has no such thing ether Does tidal none of these have Bpm analyzing ability at all David nice try yes tell your new steaming services they have provide this for djay pro it’s a essential tool it is needed to work on the fly David I’m a working DJ I need this app to work so far it’s been great I see a lot of these other DJs canceling their subs why I don’t know but real DJs don’t do that so pay it no mind David straight talk djay pro is one of the best app out to be honest look into this matter David thank you for your reply

I agree with you 100% DJs have to have music that’s why I collect music at all cost I read that article about apple

Hello David
I see there was a new update for djay pro 2.1.1 to 2.1.2
But the update was for what I see no changes what so ever. Now when are there going to be a real update about. All streaming service BPM analyzing for djay pro 2 this is a important tool in digital djing when is this getting a fix
Us working DJs need this function

Hello algoriddim djay
DJ. THE RIDDLER is leaving djay pro on April 13,20 he has discovered a new life a new civilization we’re there is a lot more of accuracy and more capacity of expansions for DJs with quality and stability and standards for DJs THE RIDDLER is a working DJ he’s is known globally and his music is his passion equipment is very important for all is work he send his special thanks to all the algoriddim staff that has supported him through the years and a big shout-out this Jennifer & lucas & David he says you guys keep up the great work it was a pleasure DJAY PRO
Thank you DJ. THE RIDDLER?

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL FROM NYC BROOKLYN
THERE IS ONLY 1

Hello David
You keep talking about this analyze option that only works for iTunes only what you pitching does not work for tidal or SoundCloud there is no way to analyze Music from tidal I have been asking about this since day one algoriddim has done nothing
So David do mislead us DJs we know quality and we know what works and what doesn’t

Started to transfer my spotify library to tidal.
I used https://soundiiz.com/ to transfer my playlists.
315 playlists moved, result 13514 songs in Tidal,  315 songs not found in tidal.

Only Rammstein was one of the major bands which just doesn’t have any albums on Tidal.

At least playlist view in Tidal desktop app is painful to use. Loving the spotify apps where you can have folder structure for your playlists .

Still 100-150 playlists to go (minor genres).

I’m just using free version of Soundiiz.
Although maybe I’ve should have buy premium account to do the platform to platform, but then it’s all or nothing. But then the limit of 20 playlist sync seem to be “too few” for me :smiley:

The main problem is the artist / track names between Spotify and Tidal as well. Quite a lot naming conventions artist - title - remix or artist - title (remix) issues.

Well I think Spotify won’t get agreement from record companies to support dj’s.
There is too many other options already available.