Headphone volume very low with multi-audio routing (iPad 2).

Same here. Using HRT iStreamer. No need for independent volume control, at least an average level would be a decent work around so far. Please!

What makes the sense using a mobile iPad solution if I need to have a cassette deck in my pocket?

Darren, don’t forget to exhale)

I’m pretty much dissapointed by the fact developers don’t tend to make a move towards resolution of this crucial issue… I don’t understand how could this be

This fact displays the iOS6 is not the case, the issue is unwillingness of Djay developers to provide full functionality promised to users. Point.

Im using the mic pre amp built in to my 1980s Akai Cassette deck as a pre-amplifier for the pre-cue, connect monitor headphones to the decks jack out and you have louder sound! the fidelity for pre-cue isnt really an issue

max kachanov, you answered your own question! DJ for iPad is useless as a mobile DJ solution (unless your happy with the mono split output) until ios6 is upgraded further.

For some like myself are happy using this app for home dj-ing using a pre-amplifier solves the problem for the time being and maybe makes the app workable for others in my position.

however if you read before posting such a meaningless reply that my solution is to use an inline pre-amplifier withe the cue output.

just remembered why I rarely post online forums.

At the moment we Can use an esternal preamp mixer. For example I have a little old but power mixer noiz easy 100 and I have in this mode a very high volume.
Ciao.

Is that why the price has been discounted to half? Fix it ASAP!

As for me, everything is working well. Thanks Warren.

I totally agree fixing this problem should be a priority. I use the ARTcesseries USBPhonoPlus as a pre-amp (it’s only about twice the footprint of say, the new Apple TV box so is carryable) and it does give you enough extra volume to be able to play out loudish in your living room but of course the more you whack up the gain and output level on the pre-amp the more the sound distorts in the headphones. It’s still not suitable for a noisy room of parting people even with the pre-amp and you may as well ditch the headphones altogether if you’re trying to manage in a party situation without a pre-amp. I expect there are limits to what Algoriddim can do about this as it depends on the amplifying power of the iPad i.e. Algoriddim would run into the same distortion problems as me when your primary signal is under-powered. Someone please enlighten me if I’m wrong.

The problem is not fixed as far as I’m concerned as the fact remains as previous posters have pointed out that pre-cuing volume is just too low and cannot match the audio output. Increasing the volume on the iPad itself just increases the volume both of the output and the headphones - but if the output always outguns the headphones then you’ve still got the problem of not being able to pre-cue properly. I had thought when this fix arrived that the Master volume control within the settings of the App would serve only the Master volume out, while the hard buttons on the iPad would let you control the pre-cuing volume separately. Now THAT, if technically possible, would have solved the problem.

Warren, I sense your frustration but your statement that the volume buttons only affect the headphone volume and not the master output is not my experience, and I have followed your instructions exactly. No matter what I do, pressing - or + on the ipad volume buttons affects both master output and headphones equally. They will not be restricted to the headphones, only. I can only tell you of my experience!

Anders: thanks for replying. I have the Griffin splitter connected to the iPad 3. I followed the steps in your instructions:

-plug in your headphones first

• connect your audio interface
  • raise the system volume to the max (this step is important)
  • launch djay

The hard iPad buttons do indeed affect the volume of the headphones but also the master out. The same is true of the master volume slider within the DJAY app itself: turning it up or down affects the master out and the headphones equally. To me, this is not logical because if I am using pre-cuing as a monitor the volume for the monitor shouldn’t have to be kept proportionate to the master output; in fact, in a club situation it’s normal to have to over-compensate with the monitor just to drown out the ambient noise around you. What I expected was to be able to lower the in-app master volume but for the headphone volume to remain unaffected. This is not the case. I don’t know if Algoriddim considers this a flaw or perfectly normal. All I know is that it’s unsatisfactory because it offers too little independence over the monitor volume: it’s always tied to the master volume. This remains true whether I use the hard iPad buttons or the in-app master volume.

Hope this explanation of my problem makes sense.

Regards

Niall

Is there any solution to increasing the output volume for the 3.5 mm jack? Another dj app has a nice full volume output from both the USB sound card and headphone jack.

the other app is dj player. and no this problem also exists on the iPad with retina display. I prefer djay for pop and hip hop mixing but dj player for house and other electronic music. Both apps have positives and negatives which is why I use both regularly. As far as using the headphone jack for speakers it still comes out with a very reduced volume as compared to when I hook them up to my usb sound card.

the other app that gives full and adjustable volume out of my Logitech USB Audio Adapter and out of the headphone jack is DJ Player.

Why is it that two other apps can produce loud enough sound out if both the USB sound card and the headphone jack with on screen controls but yet DJay does not?

It does not with the new update as long as you follow the instructions which was my downfall.

You turn the volume up all the way and then use the slider in the menu to adjust the volume of the headphones. Now we just need to make it midi mappable and my laptop will never leave home.