HELP PLEASE Using Dj Pro on Xdj-RX

“And they deleted all software and firmware updates from their website as of TODAY (10/10/17)”

This is NOT true, in fact they even released a new firmware version for the XDJ-RX (v2.21) a few days ago:

https://www.pioneerdj.com/nl-nl/suppo…

@djmontyb Ok, no problem, you may be right on that day. But the difference between discontinuing (removing everything from the site) and bringing out a firmware update is pretty big imho.

I purchesed the DJay Pro (Win10 version) some days ago, after I tested it in demo mode.
As I understood, my Pioneer XDJ-RX is not oin the official supported devices list. Yet.

So, I uploaded the custom xdj-rx midi map from other users, from the Algoriddim comunity. It is far to be perfect, but with some personal adjustments it is doing the basic work.

I didn’t paid atention to one crucial detail: The pre-cue is not working at all in any combination of device / internal mixer/ external mixer, etc.

As a test, Traktor 2 , in MIDI mode, is working fine with “External Mixer” option with “Pioneer XDJ-RX ASIO” device (not “LINE Pioneer XDJ-RX” only option that is on Djay Pro).
When I say “working fine” , I mean that I can use the headphones (cue/mix) for the next song, on the other channel, to find the right moment to blend it in.

I have the latest updated drivers on the XDJ-RX (2.20) and also the drivers installed on Windows 10.

Is this pre-cueing problem on the way to be fixed in the next version of the DjayPro, when support for Pioneer XDJ-RX will be included by default ?
Or it is only my problem ? In this case do you need more information, screenshots, logs ?

“If you have a MIDI controller that is currently not natively supported by djay Pro, you can still use it with djay Pro’s easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature on Mac and Windows.
Simply connect the MIDI controller to your Mac or PC, and follow the on-screen instructions to map the hardware controls to functions in djay Pro.”
(from https://www.algoriddim.com/hardware)

I just “simply” connected my easy-to-use gear and I have troubles pre-cuing for the lack of settings/feature.
Also, as I read in a previous message, it looks like it is on Algoriddim agenda.

“Hey there,
the support of the XDJ-RX is on our agenda. Thank you for pushing the topic.
Cheers,Lukas E.”

So, there is hope, but thanks for taking your time to write here.
Helps. :slight_smile:

Just in time for our change to XDJ-RX2 :smiley: .
Time for a new topic .

But now, seriously, thanks for the update. I am still waiting for Windows version to be updated too.

I would like to get a more enhance controller for djay pro for windows however the main ones are not supported at the moment which is a shame as djay pro is excellent if used via laptop or ipad only. We need the controllers to truly swet this head and shoulders above the competition so please algo sort this issue out asap or this can only by djay not pro

The XDJ-RX CAN be natively by supported and mapped by third-party DJ apps. I have just tested my RX with the latest build of Virtual DJ and it works quite well, indeed. All the buttons and LEDs seem to function as they should, and you get all the information on the screen, such as track title, artist, BPM, Tempo, Time, Waveform Display (CDJ-1000 style - sadly no scrolling Waveforms, as in Rekordbox analysed tracks).
I am therefore (patiently) waiting for Algoriddim to put out their native support for this unit! It’s the full Spotify integration that sets this software apart from the others…

1 Like

its a shame that some information is not provided regarding the updates or something more concrete for those that are on the fence in deciding whether to buy a controller that currently is not supported like the others.

any update on the xdj-rx support?

Hi I have no audio coming out of the XRDJ haven connected the dejay pro with a mac.
Can someine please help?
I updated all the drivers and frimware only the other week when trying to map windows and so all up to date as far as I am aware

The updates are on the Pioneer website I checked last night

Awesome…thanks for the update. The mapping seems great, except no way to recognize XDJ-RX as the sound card. only option on Mac Book Pro is “Built In Output”.
Frustrating to have the cross fader mapped and having to use “Line IN” as the only sound output.
Any chance to get an update on that?

Just got off the phone with Pioneer DJ, I think it could be a Driver issue with MAC. But, Unfortunately Pioneer has decided to make the XDJ-RX a “Legacy” product or “Discontinued”…And they deleted all software and firmware updates from their website as of TODAY (10/10/17). I just gave Pioneer an ear full and begged for them to put the drivers back up on the website…

P.S. No one cares about the XDJ-RX2, Especially if we already own an XDJ-RX

@Caspar, It WAS true on that day (10/10/17), Pioneer updated their website to discontinue the XDJ-RX. After (2) phone calls to Pioneer, They put them back up on the website the next day…

To use precuing on windows with the XDJ-RX you can always go the other route and use asio bridge to get everything working.
Download the zipfile install the donationware (aka free if you dont want/cant pay). In windows sound under playback devices select Hi-Fi Cable input and klick configure. set speakers to quadraphonic.
In VB-Audio ASIO Bridge software select XDJ-RX ASIO Driver and klick ASIO ON.

in DJAY pro, use the Hi-Fi Cable input option as soundcard and mixer mode as external (not Exclusive)

On the XDJ-RX select XDJ-RX as mixer and not MIDI. I can recommend doing the mapping yourself instead of downloading a finished one but you may do as you please :slight_smile:

/Regards
Amn3siaxc

https://download.vb-audio.com/Downloa…

Please add support for the XDJ RX2!

I have the XDJ RX2. Lukas, can this be added as a native controller that can be used with Djay pro? Please :slight_smile:

I have the Same issue