Hercules Inpulse 500 - FX button not working properly

Djay Pro for Mac!

1. FX Switch Buttons not working properly (MAJOR ISSUE)

FX Buttons (1-4 for BOTH DECKS)
The filter knob is designed to be used as a filter and effect knob
When one FX1 is pressed both filter knobs should change and be used as a knob for the effect
When one FX1 is pressed again both filter knobs should change back and be used as a knob for the filter effect (high pass/low pass)
This should happen for all 4 FX buttons on both decks

Even with manual midi mapping it is not possible because the four fx buttons are for both decks and the filter knob is actually filter AND effect.

1. Music selection knob LED not working - this one actually should pulse with the beat (and different colour for each bar and even “mood”). If the song is upbeat you should see red and purples and If the song is more mellow you should see blues and greens this is usually based on the bpm or key

2. Beatmatch Guide not working: Hercules has a little red arrows in beatmatch guide mode which indicate whether tempo is too fast/slow and whether tracks are in sync.

These issues have been mentioned before and have not been fixed yet

Please fix asap

FX Switch Buttons do not work properly

“FX Buttons (1-4 for BOTH DECKS)
The filter knob is designed to be used as a filter and effect knob
When one FX1 is pressed both filter knobs should change and be used as a knob for the effect
When one FX1 is pressed again both filter knobs should change back and be used as a knob for the filter effect (high pass/low pass)
This should happen for all 4 FX buttons on both decks”

In my opinion, you can’t necessarily talk about the FX section not working properly, it just doesn’t work the way the manufacturer intended. However, I generally don’t like the idea of using the filter as an FX control at the same time (and it’s not just me). That’s why I thought of a workaround that I can live (and work) with well, and assigned the buttons as new:

FX 1: Deck 1 FX 1
FX2: Deck 2 FX 1
FX 3: Deck 1 FX 2
FX 4: Deck 2 FX 2

FX 2 and FX 4 are fixed (of course also changeable via the settings in Djay Pro), FX 1 and FX 3 are changeable directly on the controller:

Shift left + FX 1: Deck 1 next effect
Shift left + FX 3: Deck 1 previous effect
Shift right + FX 2: Deck 2 next effect
Shift right + FX 4: Deck 2 previous effect

I work with the iPad and mostly use Classic Mode in Djay Pro. To be able to see which effect is currently active, I use the “Assistant” button to toggle between the normal view and the effects (“Toggle Tools”).
To be able to further adjust the intensity of the effect, I use the “Headphones Cue/Master” knob (I don’t use it otherwise). Thereby I have assigned this to the respectively selected deck. To select the desired deck (Deck 1 or Deck 2) I use the “Vinyl” button in conjunction with the shift key of the respective deck:

Shift left + Vinyl Deck 1: Select Deck 1
Shift right + Vinyl Deck 2: Select Deck 2

This way I can select different effects per deck, control the intensity and the filter is also available at the same time.

Of course, you can also put four effects on the buttons FX 1 to FX 4 this way, but then they only affect the selected deck. However, I find this more useful than always applying all effects to both decks at the same time.

The configuration of the settings and key assignments requires some effort, of course, but ultimately offers many possibilities to adapt this (and also other) controller to one’s own and usual workflow.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, If you do have a midi map for these adjustments please could you send it to me

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.