Problems with Djay and Hercules inpulse 500

Hi all,

so far I really like Djay Pro for iPad! But I have found a few issues with the officially supported Hercules inpulse 500.

1. FX Switch Buttons not working: this bothers me the most currently:
    The inspire has dedicated FX Buttons (1-4 for BOTH DECKS). When pressing one the fader knobs actually becomes the FX knobs and this is highlighted via LED.
    On Djay nothing happens when pressing this button (also LEDs on buttons not working which is important because they act as a FX toggle).

Even with manual midi mapping it is not possible because the four fx buttons are for both decks and the fader knob is actually fader AND effect (if FX is toggles as explained).

Hopefully my explanation is clear - I admit that FX handling is a bit special on the inpulse 500.

1. Big LEDs which show which deck is playing not working: the Hercules has some really nice and big LEDs (the deck numbers) which should indicate which deck is playing.

2. Music selection knob LED not working - this one actually should pulse with the beat (and different color for each bar and even “mood”).

3. Beatmatch Guide not working: Hercules has a little red arrows in beatmatch guide mode which indicate whether tempo is too fast/slow and whether tracks are in sync.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Having the same issues here.
This is a software issue and can not be solved by manual mapping.

Hopefully this will get solved by Algoriddim.

I am considering switching to Serato which supports all functions of the Hercules inpulse 500 natively.

Hey, wanted to know if you figured out a solution for your problem ?

No solution yet in sight also no comment :frowning: really looking for a comment from Algoriddim.
Also thinking about not extending the subscription for Djay which is really unfortunate…

313 Djay Pro AI has updated the inpulse 500 mappings ie beatmatch guide features, deck lights 1 and 2 etc. Please note however any attempt to customise the duplicated midi map Djay Pro AI crashes out on save (reported to Algoriddim)

Found same issue. Play button and Cue button for Deck1 unable to play/cue.

Hey guys,

In the last update, we improved several things on the Hercules Inpulse 500 mapping. This included:

• FX Select buttons
  • “Quant.” button activates the newly introduced quantization
  • The Deck 1 and Deck 2 LED now works

I’d like to point out that on djay, the filter knob does not change the FX-parameter or the dry-wet knob when FX active as in other software. The filter knob in djay always controls the LP-/HP-Filter.

As @david_rush2 said, there’s still a crash when switching between MIDI mappings for this controller. This should be fixed very soon. We’ll stay in touch with you guys about this here. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

@cik3n the issue you’re reporting seems different from what the others are saying. Could you please follow the “I can’t control djay using my controller”-steps from our Controller Troubleshooting Guide. Let us know what exact mapping you’re using and whether your controller actually sends MIDI commands through MIDI Monitor. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Djay Pro for Mac!

1. FX Switch Buttons not working properly (MAJOR ISSUE)

FX Buttons (1-4 for BOTH DECKS)
The filter knob is designed to be used as a filter and effect knob
When one FX1 is pressed both filter knobs should change and be used as a knob for the effect
When one FX1 is pressed again both filter knobs should change back and be used as a knob for the filter effect (high pass/low pass)
This should happen for all 4 FX buttons on both decks

Even with manual midi mapping it is not possible because the four fx buttons are for both decks and the filter knob is actually filter AND effect.

1. Music selection knob LED not working - this one actually should pulse with the beat (and different colour for each bar and even “mood”). If the song is upbeat you should see red and purples and If the song is more mellow you should see blues and greens this is usually based on the bpm or key
  2. Beatmatch Guide not working: Hercules has a little red arrows in beatmatch guide mode which indicate whether tempo is too fast/slow and whether tracks are in sync.

These issues have been mentioned before and have not been fixed yet

Hi @Dhruv_Chavda,

I’ve moved your post to this already existing topic thread to keep things tidy on our Community. Please read through the thread, and let us know if you have any further questions. This thread will be updated with any relevant news about the topics you’ve mentioned. Thanks for your understanding!

I have another problem here with the Inpulse 500. In the views where the tempo slider is displayed vertically (e.g. 2-deck mode), the slider on the display moves in the opposite direction to the direction on the controller. This is not a matter of faster and slower being reversed, it is really just a matter of the display (direction of movement). If the slider is displayed horizontally (e.g. Classic mode with waveform in the middle) it fits.
This is only a visual problem, but it is still unattractive. Is there a solution for this?

1 Like

Hey Chris - I know its been a long time since you posted this question. By now, you must’ve figured it out. The only reason I saw this, was because I am interested in the Inpulse 500, myself.

To fix your issue is a very simple one. With the upgrade to AI, the preference has moved to a slightly different spot. I know because I had the same issue with my current controller.

Open “Preferences”, go to “General” and the 3rd section down should be “Tempo”. There is a box labeled “Invert Slider”. Make sure it is unchecked, and your controller pitch faders should move up and down, in conjunction with the software. Hope that helps, but like I said, I’m a bit late to the party.

Mostly, I wanted to bump the thread and keep the party going in support of the Inpulse 500.

1 Like

Yes, I have since found that. But thanks, also for supporting the party with the Inpulse 500! :wink:

I forgot to ask you, but I just got my Inpulse 500 today. And fiddling around with what I suggested hasn’t worked. No matter what I try the tempo faders slide in the opposite direction, as well.

My apologies for the previous post. Did you ever figure out what the issue is? I thought just maybe a firmware update, or a direct midi map would fix the issue, but so far, nothing.

Welcome back … :wink: No, I have not been able to solve the problem, but in the meantime I just live with it. Ultimately, this affects only the display on the screen. Unpleasant, but at least it does not interfere when working with Djay Pro,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.