Hercules Inpulse 500 with DJ Pro

Hi

Has anyone used this controller with DJ Pro for Windows?

Do the functions from DJ translate well to the controller and nobs/buttons available?

I am quite keen on this controller but don’t want to buy it then have to lose out on functions that it has. Or have to use the laptop to still carry out functions that it should handle.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We added added your vote to our issue tracking system and want to thank you for pushing the topic.

It would be great if other users share their votes for the 500.

1 Like

Hi thanks.

I was wondering is someone had successfully used this controller.

Matt

1 Like

Why does everything have to be a vote? Either people have used them or not.

Algoriddim must have knowledge of the controller and if it will ever be fully integrated with DJ Pro for Windows.

Once I decide on my new controller I look forward to not having to rely on this software.

1 Like

Hi Matterai,

I actually have this controller and have been working on Mapping it to the DJAY Pro platform Its about 80% complete.

I have all the functions assigned to the controllers buttons, touch pads (hot cue / samplers ect) , knobs and faders, but I am still working on getting all the lights on the pads and the VU meters on the both channels and master output to work. Its a pain to figure out but I would gladly send you my mapping file if you like…

Hi Matterai,

I actually have this controller and have been working on Mapping it to the DJAY Pro
I have all the functions assigned to the controllers buttons, touch pads (hot cue / samplers ect) , knobs and faders, but I am still working on getting all the lights on the pads and the VU meters on the both channels and master output to work. Its a pain to figure out but I would gladly send you my mapping file if you like…

Hi. Thank you very much for the offer.

I am still undecided on what to upgrade to or when.

So early days still.

Hi Joey

I’ve been looking for this for a long time as I’ve been struggling myself for a long time now… If you would be willing to share this, you would be my personal hero!

Do you know whether there is a particular reason why Algoriddim is taking so long to integrate the Inpulse 500 to the MIDI Controller list?

Thanks in advance!

I agree, They update the mac version (even ios) constantly, but no love for the people that purchased the windows version. Crashes constantly, and never an update, just closes all threads that contain complaints. I LOVE this software, if it would work properly and play well with others.

The audio is perfect, the effects, the midi learn, etc. BUT constantly having crash issues when loading songs or if it has a hiccup. I CANNOT USE the Hercules 500 either because they choose to only have it mapped for mac. Thats Utter crap. I made this account just to complain in hopes they get to the issues and fix it?? Im using a completely different software but would love to come back…

Would love a copy!!!

agreed! Since they wont copy over from the mac version…

Been 2.5 years since you showed ANY love to windows users…Weve all found other software but im sure would come back if you would update things.

Hi, how did you get on with mapping? I just bought impulse 500 and been using djay pro in the past, would like to keep using it.

Is it a pain or should I use other software?

Hi Allan, I honestly moved to Serato Pro in conjunction with your same controller and have never looked back, but only the newer versions of Djay Pro work with the Impulse 500 natively, I have the mapping file I manage to pull from the Djay Pro files and will gladly upload it here for you. You could also map the controller to your version of DJAY Pro which is a pain. You can program a function to every single button on the controller, but somehow I could not figure out how to program the LED lights on the PADS and FX functions along with the LED volume meters on each individual channel and on the Master volume, so I dropped Djay Pro.

If you have the latest version or the prior one from last year you should have luck with the version I will send you. :wink:

Hi Joey_Castillo Id love a copy please

1 Like

This controller is a pain to use with the software

1. FX Switch Buttons not working properly (MAJOR ISSUE)

FX Buttons (1-4 for BOTH DECKS)
The filter knob is designed to be used as a filter and effect knob
When one FX1 is pressed both filter knobs should change and be used as a knob for the effect
When one FX1 is pressed again both filter knobs should change back and be used as a knob for the filter effect (high pass/low pass)
This should happen for all 4 FX buttons on both decks

Even with manual midi mapping it is not possible because the four fx buttons are for both decks and the filter knob is actually filter AND effect.

1. Music selection knob LED not working - this one actually should pulse with the beat (and different colour for each bar and even “mood”). If the song is upbeat you should see red and purples and If the song is more mellow you should see blues and greens this is usually based on the bpm or key
  2. Beatmatch Guide not working: Hercules has a little red arrows in beatmatch guide mode which indicate whether tempo is too fast/slow and whether tracks are in sync.
1 Like

hello bro you can send mappeing for mail lopetoms@gmail.com

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I’m happy to report that this has been addressed in the recent djay Pro Windows release. Thanks for your patience!