Hercules inpulse T7 support

@Slak_Jaw I mean, I have a Serato Pro license so it’s not like it’s going to be sitting there useless if it’s not compatible. I’d just prefer to use it with DJay since it’s more portable/fun imo. I have seen people running Serato on a Steam Deck or Rog Ally so I guess that’s an (admittedly quite expensive) option for portability.

5 Likes

Im still waiting and hoping for news regarding this controller. It would be perfect for me to take to smaller gigs. Please hurry algoriddim :grinning:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/VirtualDJ/status/1702129953460936827?t=ClMifNZEFWOJj29knL8S5Q&s=19

Well done Virtual DJ…C’mon Algoriddim, pull your finger out!!!

Please don’t make us wait 10 years, like you did with DVS.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! No surprise to see Virtual DJ provide T7 support first. They’re well know for this. Awesome to see the Innofader replacement available already though. I suspect a lot of people will get this upgrade.

3 Likes

Virtual DJ consistently manage to support nearly every controller within days of release…

It absolutely amazes me that other DJ software brands don’t do the same.

Surely it makes business sense to get as many DJ’s as possible using your software.

Maybe they’re programmers aren’t as skilled at mapping software as the Virtual DJ team.
Lol

1 Like

I’m loving that Innofader - Drop-in fader replacement!!!

I’d like to scoop one of the first 100 that come with the clear faceplate, but I can’t find them to order anywhere…any links to places I can purchase/order would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a matter of skills, but more likely resources and priorities. Plus Algoriddim supports iOS and Android which offers another set of challenges that Virtual DJ doesn’t face. Now if Virtual DJ could make their software iOS compatible that would be something else indeed!

3 Likes

Thank you…I totally understand where you’re coming from.

I’m just trying to bait the Algoriddim moderaters into giving me a reply letting me know their working on it.
Lol
:facepunch:t3:

I hear you. However, in my years of experience on this forum, Algoriddim does not provide release dates or roadmaps for things like this. Basically they announce it when it’s ready and available. I’m sure user votes play a role in setting priorities, but I imagine there are a huge number of other priorities that must be managed with their limited resources. You have to remember that this is still a relatively small company.

3 Likes

And its here, side by side with my loyal Roland DJ-707M!

This is a thing of beauty. Did a small test, and it spinning platters are really fun.

The low price is shown, no questions — it’s super light give what it does, and it’s all plasticky. But it’s good plasticky as many mid-tier controllers from Numark and Hercules.

One thing I noticed that had me scratching my head is that you can plug in the power adapter, but it won’t turn it on — it requires the USB cable to be connected. If you disconnect it, it shuts down.

I had many (too many) controllers in the past and this is the first time I observe this behaviour. I’m not sure if it needs to extra power coming from the laptop. It would be weird because its power brick provides 48w, which is plenty enough for two belt drive 7" platters plus the controller itself. I hope this doesn’t get in the way of providing Djay iOS support.

Overall really liking it.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it’s an extra power thing, especially considering the maximum output of USB power. I’ve never heard of a small electronics device that requires two separate power sources to operate. I would imagine it’s simply because it’s a controller only and there is no reason to have an on/off button since it can’t be used without a computer hooked up to it. I feel like most mid/lower tier controllers that are controller only operate in a similar manner, we just aren’t use to seeing them with motorized platters and/or power cords.

2 Likes

It does have a physical power switch. However if you only plug the power adapter and press it, it won’t turn on. Only when you connect the USB cable.

Might be a deliberate decision, it seems this is the first controller they made that require a power supply. But it’s indeed weird, I’ve spent a few minutes to figure it out.

1 Like

Don’t worry, if you were using it with an iPad or iPhone, I’m sure it would turn on then as well. I think it’s just a matter of it sensing a USB input since it’s a controller strictly. It doesn’t have phono or line inputs to connect a turntable or CDJ, so it must function with “something” connected to the USB. If its plugged into mains power, I’m sure that’s plenty to drive it. Hercules just opted for forcing the user to plug in the computer(laptop/“iPad”/“iPhone”) first via USB.

1 Like

Has anybody mapped this yet? I am keen to find out if the platters map ok. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’ve started mapping it on iOS and it seem to map fine. But I was stuck at the platters. I haven’t tried much (it’s been more than a decade that I tried mapped something myself) but I couldn’t figure out with the options available.

I think the biggest challenge will be starting and stopping the platter motors with the play button. I need to research further.

6 Likes

Thankyou for the info. I am keen to buy this unit but not sure how well it works with DJ Pro thats what is holding me back.

2 Likes

Given the support for the Rane One, I don’t see any reasons why it won’t be supported as well. It’s just a matter of time.

I’m still on the fence.The Roland 707M is not as fun, but it’s build and audio quality are so amazing that I’m thorn. It’s not a fair comparison, though. Completely different focus.

1 Like

Yes i already have a Rane 1 but Id like the T7 for smaller gigs as i could just throw it in a bag.

2 Likes

If it’s truly class compliant, we will be able to midi-map it. Manually mapping in DJay Pro AI is buttery smooth & easy. Hit me up if you need help implementing.

3 Likes