How can I connect DJ Pro for Mac to Sonos Play 1 for output?

Hey there,

thank you for your follow up. Talked to the developers about this one, you guys would need a sonos control djay app support, or how would an implementation help you the most?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Thank you guys for pushing the topic.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Not sure what you mean Lukas?. We are obviously showing and interest in a Sonos integration.

I asked this 2 years ago and still no dev on it!

Yes this would be a great feature as the songs system is very impressive

Iā€™m sure it would be very easy to do.

1 Like

Full integration would be great. Iā€™ve got my Sonos system linked to djay Pro on my Mac via Sonos Connect. But I had to buy the Connect in order to link it up.

I spoke to a Sonos technician who said that the integration would need to come from Algoriddim. The Sonos people would be happy to support it if is becomes available.

Connecting wirelessly will work, but it depends on the level of performance you need. There will be a slight delay when using effects, which affects your precision of the timing of the effects or beat matching. In addition, depending on where you are, and the strength of the wifi network, you are vulnerable to lapses in connectivity, affecting the consistency and quality of the music streaming. For more professional purposes, a hard wired connection is always preferable. Since a Play 1 doesnā€™t have a Line Out feature (and Sonos doesnā€™t plan to have one, as far as I know, for size reasons), you will need a Play 5 (if you want to be mobile) or have the capacity to connect to an existing sound system with speakers.

1 Like

Please make this happen!

1 Like

Any news on sonos integration?

Die Anbindung zu Sonos ist doch fĆ¼r Euch und Sonos ein Win Win.
Ich kaufe kein Produkt mehr von Euch, wenn ihr das nicht hinbekommt.
Wenn ihr wenigstens ein Modul zur VerfĆ¼gung stellen wĆ¼rdet, wƤre der Drops gelutscht.

My dear,
I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! Iā€™m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. Itā€™s beautiful, well structured, interestingā€¦ and it has completely got me hooked. I think weā€™re going to get along just fine! Lucky Patcher download

It would be very very smart if Sonos bought a company called OTS AV

I would love this feature too.
Please Algoriddim get in touch with Sonos and purchase any license required. Youā€™d rock !!!
Happy new year !

Thanks for the update Lukas
When I look at Spotify (Desktop/Mac) there is this device menu at the bottom right where I can select the device for output. This is where my Play:1 currently appears so I can hear my Spotify tracks on my Play:1.
I could imagine a similar feature in the Devices panel in the Preferences panel of djay Pro:
the ā€œmain outputā€ drop-down menu would list all devices as it currently does plus all Sonos devices configured on my network.
Youā€™ll probably have to get close to the Sonos team to learn about their discovery and streaming protocols.
Key points are: zero lag, ease of use.
Best regards

@Frank Wachal
My understanding from various forums ist that AirSonos is outdated (2 years old) Most importantly AirSonos works over AirPlay which introduces a non acceptable lag. Weā€™re talking about DJ-ing here.

cā€™mon algoriddimā€¦ Please implement this feature

I think we need to find more than 20p to support this request.
Iā€™m currently use Apple TV to get it over Sonos soundbar to my Sonos system but not ideal. However I donā€™t know how to split sound to headset vs rest of audio output. Anyone managed this?

Algoriddim, come on! You donā€™t see the potential of people with Sonos system at home playing party music on iPad with you app? This would be an amazing combinationā€¦

Lukas, djay is an outstanding app but the output via Sonos is a glaring omission. The Spotify integration with Sonos is brilliant. If djay supported output via Sonos it would become my default music player. Instead, because of the cumbsesome airplay work-around, or having to revert to wire, itā€™s a headphones only option when Iā€™m away from home.

How long before itā€™s implemented?