How do I analyze tracks in Tidal playlists?

Part of the problem with Spotify was that some of the tracks were radio versions only, you couldnā€™t get access to some tracks that were extended dj versions, especially if the tracks were recently released. I play electronic music when I spin. The reason Beatport has 9 million tracks and Spotify has 50 million is Spotify includes all genres of music. You donā€™t see genres such as metal, rock, jazz, classical, country, etc in Beatport. It is designed exclusively for DJs whereas Spotify is designed for the average music listener.Ā 

I definitely donā€™t exclude you DJs that play other genres than dance music. I too have DJā€™d at weddings and other events, where I donā€™t mix tracks together. As a dance DJ my needs are different and Tidal is not a viable solution for me personally.Ā 

167 hours, thatā€™s almost a full week of analyzing. And I have a lot more than 15K tracks. I mean, cā€™mon seriously? That is an acceptable solution? It would take over 3 weeks to analyze my songs from Tidal. And I would have to do this with every new track I add to my library. Cā€™mon Algoriddem! Stop making excuses!Ā 

Hi David, Thank you for getting in touch. Pre analysing streaming service playlists is generally not possible. Your BPM and Key are displayed in Spotify and not in Tidal so far as you already played them from Spotify.

A way around this is playing through a playlist in Automix. We are sorry that we can not provide this feature at the moment.

1 Like

Did you tried to use automix as suggested. It took a while for me to do 20k songs but 50kā€¦Ā 

Havenā€™t tested myself yet with Tidal but, what I did with spotify songs: I added all new songs to automix queue.

**Then modified :
Mix:

• transition : automatic
  • duration : manual 10 s

Song range:

• start position : automatic
  • end position : automatic
  • maximum song play duration 30-50s**

This depends a lot how fast internet download you have. I find out that 30-50s was good enough for me to get 95-100% of the songs analyzed, for my avg 40-60 Mbps download speed. Sometimes there were tunes without analyzed info, but those tracks was easy to see on the play history.

And your computer could do the thing while you are sleeping.

And if you thing why the analyzation is slow: songs needs to be downloaded on the background before it can be analyzed. If you use Tidal and FLAC, you gonna need fiber network connection.

2 Likes

Currently analyzing about 15000 tidal tunes. Will take about 167h :smiley:

Check the preferences: ā€œMaximum song play durationā€

Not all of us are spinning only dance music. Iā€™m more like all around dj, including on my sets rock, heavy/metal, blues, so radio edits are just fine for those genres.

Yeah, I donā€™t mind at all :slight_smile:

Exactlyā€¦ a DJ plays for their audience. So guess what? If I have only blue/jazz crowd. Iā€™ll be the best mixologist in that genre for that event. And yep Iā€™m still a DJā€¦

I agree, big big mistake ditching Spotify! What idea is behind that? Jay Z paying you more? There are smart and there are dumb business moves. Iā€™m ditching djay pro too if you follow through.

Sorry algoriddim, I revoke my previous post, seems like Spotify is the villain in this story!

how did you set song duration? I dont see that option on automix?

Hi - do the Beatport Link tracks already have the key analysed and the BPM etc? Having key visible (and colour coded like Serato) is crucial for DJs. Do you find Beatport has the same volume of tracks as Tidal/Spotify David?Ā 

Good question Peter! David could you give an answer to that?

But how come you are happy with beatport link if it has only 9 million songs (spotifyĀ  = 50 million). You mentioned earlier that you have 50.000 songs in your playlist. A lot of those must be missing now.

Thank you David!

I am trying it out since 2 weeks now. It is a very big pain in the ass I have to admit. Synching the songs was one thing which took me one night. But the bigger problem is a lot of songs couldnā€™t be find, the search engine is horrible and every time you update your spotify you have to update your tidal playlists as well. I think that was it for me. Iā€™m no longer gonna use Djay pro.Ā 

It also didnā€™t save from device to device. When I played music on Tidal on my iPad it didnā€™t transfer to my Mac when I bought Djay pro2.

:mega: Just wanted to share that the ability to pre-analyze entire playlists in the TIDAL library (analyzes BPM, key, beat grid, and waveforms) has been added in the latest versions of djay Pro AI for iOS (version 3.6.7), djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.0.9), and djay Pro for Windows (version 1.0.27707.0).

Thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback and for your patience. Happy mixing. :headphones:

1 Like