How to Share MIDI Mapping Files on the Community

Hi Everyone :wave:,

You can now share MIDI mappings here on our Community, and I wanted to walk you through how this works.

Using your web browser on your computer, all you need to do is:

1. Click this icon in the message options:
  2. Navigate to where your MIDI mappings are stored (e.g., ~/Music/djay/MIDI Mappings)
  3. Select the desired mapping
  4. Click “Open”

Please also make sure that you post new topic threads to share your mappings in the DJ Hardware category, and include the “Mapping” tag so others can find them more easily.

In addition, please note that currently there seems to be a bug when trying to add MIDI mappings directly to the Community from your iPhone or iPad via the Files app (the mappings are grayed out and can’t be selected to upload). We’ve put in a bug report to the Discourse platform administrators and hope this will be resolved in the near future. At the moment, you’d need to share your MIDI Mappings from your iOS device to your computer, and then upload to the Community using the steps above.

Let us know if you have any questions, and happy sharing! :musical_note:

6 Likes

Hi Emily, I haven’t been able to upload my map for the Rane One on my iPad. Whenever I try to upload it a whole bunch of script appears

Hey @maurizio_T,

Sorry to hear that. Could you tell me step-by-step how you’ve tried to upload the mapping? Did you do it directly from your iPad somehow, or did you transfer it first to your computer? And does your file end with the extension “.djayMidiMapping”? Thanks in advance for the info!

1 Like

Hi Emily,
I created the map directly with my iPad whilst it was connected to the Rane One…
I then try to copy the file and paste it in my reply, and what follows is over 3000 words which look like code of sorts…

I should clarify that I didn’t actually create the Map, It’s actually a edited copy of the existing Rane map that comes with DJAY,
Which is customised to suit me…
The map does end with “djayMidiMapping”.

I’ve tried with Chrome instead of Safari and it still doesn’t work…

If I share the file via email and email it to myself, it seems to work as when I open that attachment it opens the Djay app

Thanks for the additional information. Yes, this is part of the bug I mentioned on iOS devices above:

In addition, please note that currently there seems to be a bug when trying to add MIDI mappings directly to the Community from your iPhone or iPad via the Files app (the mappings are grayed out and can’t be selected to upload). We’ve put in a bug report to the Discourse platform administrators and hope this will be resolved in the near future. At the moment, you’d need to share your MIDI Mappings from your iOS device to your computer, and then upload to the Community using the steps above.

If you also have a Mac, one option is to use the share option directly from the mapping in djay (found in the MIDI Devices Settings menu) to AirDrop the file directly to your Mac, then upload the file to the Community. Let me know if you have any other questions!

A post was split to a new topic: Sharing my edited RANE ONE mapping for iPad

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.