Interaction problems with iDJ PRO

Really? All thes iPads are not working correctly? As i wont say its a 100% hardware issue…its still a hardware issue. that chip inside (the numark) is responsible for a whole lot of stuff. I talked to Chris (developer for the unit) at the Dj Expo for about 10 minutes this summer and after he explained what it is supposed to do, I realized its just to new of tech and its just not developed enough.

Sorry, Warren. i was using your comment of “trying a different iPad” as an implication that our iPads were dysfunctional, lol. Since the problems seem to be identical in all reported instances i find it hard to believe, but yet, not impossible, that the ipad is at fault.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the feedback. There will be an update to djay soon with many improvements for the iDJ Pro.

The scratching problem sounds like a hardware issue though. I recommend contacting Numark support about this.

Hi Everyone,

We weren’t able to reproduce this problem with our test devices yet. We’ve been receiving a few more of these reports lately and we’ll be sure to keep investigating.

Another interesting experiment would be to test the iDJ Pro with another iPad. Does anyone of you have another iPad with which you can test the iDJ Pro?

Sorry to hear that and we understand. As mentioned though, our devices aren’t affected by this issue so we have no way of troubleshooting this at the moment.

So if anyone here can help us troubleshoot, that would be great. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m confused.

“All thes iPads are not working correctly?”

Who said the iPads aren’t working correctly?

How’s it going with your new unit?

Shane, what happens when you connect your iDJ Pro to your iPad? Please open the Settings app and go to “General” > “About”. Is there an entry saying iDJ Pro?

Hi Darren,

Do I understand you correctly that you tried the same iPad with a different iDJ Pro and the same thing occurred? What about if you try a different iPad with your iDJ Pro?

I find the platters stop scratching until I scratch directly on the iPad screen. Then they start working again - every time.

Bigger issue for me is that the iDJ Pro loses connection to the iPad randomly. After a couple of hours, the music through the iDJ Pro stops and just comes out of the iPad. Stops charging and returns to ‘landscape’ view. Won’t reconnect for a couple of hours. Numark engineer thought it could be overheating power supply so sent a new one. This worked form for about 8 hours continuous test. Next day, did exactly the same after a couple of hours.

Now testing on a different iPad.

When it works it’s great but this is a show stopper.

IPad 3 - everything including Numark firmware up to date

I too have found it very disappointing that there is no way to leave the keylock on ! its absolutely ridiculous that it turns itself off every time you load a new track. This has been talked about for over a year on various forums but still no update to ad the option in djay settings,

Hey there, I do have issues with the sync functionality… I’m sometimes just too lazy to manually beatmatch. Sync doesn’t work at all…

App and iPad 2 on current versions as well… When will there be an update?

I just tested Patrick’s complaints about the app and Numark IDJ PRO and this is what I found out.

Scratching in the next song worked fine if you scratch right on the beat.The platter did not drift. You run into problems with the platter drifting when you take the waveform back to the very beginning of the song when you try to scratch in the first beat. What happens is you hit the very beginning of the waveform and it has no where to go but the platter continues to spin backwards throwing off the scratch. This only happens at the beginning of a song.

The key lock issue will most likely be corrected in a future update. Algoriddim listens to it’s customers and constantly improves the app.

The playlist concern is false. When you press down the browse button it takes you to your song list. If you then turn the browse button left or right it will highlight the last song you upload to the platter. It does not take you to the top of the playlist.

As for the effects I only have 5 plus 8 samples. I’m sure Algoriddim will add more in future updates. You can add your own samples. I currently have 29 that I added.

I feel the Numark IDJ PRO and Algoriddim app is a great combination and works as advertised. I like the app so much I have it on my iPad, iPhone, iMac and MacBook Pro.

I have the same issue with scratching. It’s not hardware because I can plug my phone in to the idj pro and it works fine.

One thing I noticed is that my unit would only malfunction at my friend’s house. Always worked perfectly at my place. I began to wonder if it had something to do with magnetic fields due to all the speakers and equipment at my friend’s place. I never really got a chance to do more testing because my unit has been at my place for ages and works perfectly there.

Warren’s request seems valid to me. Let’s assume for a moment that the problem lies with a small percentage of iPads and how they interact with the iDJ pro. If that is the case then there’s a good chance Newmark doesn’t possess any “bad” iPads when they test these units. This would make it impossible for them to replicate the issue. That being said, it doesn’t explain why I only have the issue when using the iDJ pro at my friend’s house. If there’s someone with this problem who can borrow a friend’s iPad that would be an easy way to rule out the iPad as the cause.

For those with this issue, what ipad are you using? I have an iPad 3.

Bikerbod, interesting note about the charging icon. Does that happen the moment things stop working? Seems like a good clue if so.

Bikerbod, can you recal if that charging icon issue happens the second the iDj Pro stop working?

Very cool! Would love to hear back after you push it a little. So given that Numark can’t recreate the issue with your actual unit, what can we learn from that? What variables are different? Location, surface, iPad, music files. Anything else you guys can think of? Have you guys with issues experienced problems in different places? I only had problems when using at my friend’s house, never at my place.

scratching in the next song? i do this all the time. you can not do that with this machine/software. your platter will drift. that might be the drift effect they promised. if there was a little slack then maybe. i have to turn on key lock every time i start a new track. sometimes i don’t do it and the song sounds like crap. i have problems with the playlist. every time i go to load a new track, it throws me back to the top of the list. now with no marker on where i was, im scrolling alot instead of performing. wheres all my effects i was promised?? side by side waveforms? they should run with each other. like i said on the app page, its like they never tried it after making it. i have to bring this back to guitar center now. i cant wait for updates that may or may not even happen. a working dj should not use this

i was going to use just the software for a sampler to go with my ns7 since im taking back the hardware. cant do that either.last complaint, i cant return the app.