Interaction problems with iDJ PRO

When the iDJ pro works, it is no less than amazing for the money. Unfortunately, like alot of the peeps above, after 3-5 minutes of playing the platters simply give up and stop working.
I am now on my second unit having returned the first and this second one has been away to Numark, had the main PCB replaced and come back with the same problem. I’ve just booked for it to go back again to be retested.

As I said, when it works it’s brilliant. It does most things that the pioneer cdj’s will do. But, if this reliability issue can’t be sorted out this time, I will be getting a refund and spending my money on something else.

@bikerbod

Hello mate.

In short, yes. Having received it back from Numark, I tried to give it every possible chance of working. I shut down every App, did a hard reset and made sure it was fully charged. Hell, I even connected to itunes first and removed a lot of music to make sure I had enough capacity!

Imagine my disappointment when it failed almost straight away.

It’s being collected again tomorrow for them to take another look and I should have it back by the end of the week so I’ll let you all know how it goes. I desperately want it to come back working properly as I simply don’t have the money for anything more expensive.

Heard from Numark today (well, I did when I repeatedly rang them) The IDJ pro is on it’s way back, should arrive tomorrow. Their diagnosis? “There is nothing wrong with it”. Apparently their chief engineer has tested it for 2-3 hours and found no fault.

Tomorrow, I will perform a hard reset on the iPad, I’ll make sure it’s got full charge, I won’t touch the iPad pro immediately after I turn it on to give it chance to calibrate and then I will test it. If it fails again, it will go back and I will give up.

Wish me luck!

Both platters for me. As far as the chip goes, on my second return they replaced the main pcb which I’m told is the main board.
Not gonna say anything rash just yet, let’s see how the trial goes tomorrow. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

But, just in case, has anyone got some cdj 2000’s and a decent mixer to sell for £300?.. No, thought not.

Would be interesting to get an Algoriddm rep to comment here? Nothing from them for over a year and Djay 2 has been released since then. Are they aware this problem exists?

Unfortunately not. I’m interested to hear the results if anybody else can do the test as Numark have told me today that the problem must be my iPad.

Warren.
I appreciate that you work for algoriddm and not for numark.
Numark customer service have said to me today that they can’t find a fault with my unit and as this is the second one I have had the fault must be with my iPad.
If you guys can’t recreate the fault, you’re welcome to come to Cheshire and try mine if it doesn’t work tomorrow.

Seriously, I just want a solution. The algoriddm engineers need to go for a coffee with the numark engineers and sort these problems out.
On first impression, I thought the IDJ pro was the best £300 I’d ever spent but if it can’t operate in the most fundamental way then it’s not, it’s just a massive disappointment.

I’ve got an iPad 3’, 32gb wifi and 3G. Running either Djay or Djay 2 (problem is the same for both)
Not sure about the IDJ pro, I’ll have a look when it arrives back later today.

Something worth mentioning is that the apps work fine with the griffin headphone adapter. They only have problems in the IDJ pro.

Got the unit back today (after a delay) so haven’t had a lot of time to test. However, I played an hour earlier and all seemed ok. I didn’t push it though. I reset the ram on the ipad before i started, closed all open apps and made sure it had full charge. I also didn’t touch the IDJ pro for 5 minutes after connecting the it and turning it on to give it time to calibrate (on numark’s advice) I then played with no effects and no loops or samples, just simple mixing one song into the next.

So far so good!

Have a listen if you like.
https://soundcloud.com/muzikmam/new-m…

I’ve only used it once so far as too busy with work, kids etc… Won’t get chance now until Friday but I’ll let you know.

Well, here we go again. After 3 months of relatively trouble free mixing, the old problems are back with a vengeance!

I’ve had enough of the frustration now so it’s going back as soon as I can twist the retailers arm.

Based on the fact that mine is constantly failing again, I’d stick with what you’ve got. I’d struggle to recommend the idj pro to anybody right now.

Have any updates been released lately?I’m thinking about switching over to the idj pro and iPad. I do a lot of mobile gigs so is it worth it to change over? I’m using a Denon x1700 and touch screen iMac at the moment and would like to down size my setup.

iPads are not working! Mine either come on guys!!

Any suggestions??

Since iPad has been updates once IPad is slotted in to turntables, no sound coming out thugh sound system. Tried iPad on different set of tables and same problem. Switch power off and sound comes out through iPad.

Help required.

I am also having the same problems with my Idjpro, works fine for about two minutes then platters stop working, music menu quits working,very frustrating! Just sent into Numark with the same outcome as everyone else, technician could not replicate the problem?

So I was/am having this problem with the platters not working correctly and overall freezing up DJAY at times… Now I can’t say this is a fix for certain but it seemed to fix the problem (for now).

I had the iDJ Pro plugged into a power strip that was also running an iMac, some hard drives, battery chargers and a printer plugged into it, and I would intermittently get the problem. I moved the controller over to a different power strip and it started working much better (also the plug/power supply was feeling pretty warm). Now I know as much about electricity as I know about brain surgery (I work as a photographer), and I can’t say that this is permanently fixing my issue, only time will tell, but for now this seems to be doing the trick.

It got me thinking that a lot of people who use this might have this plugged into power strips running a bunch of other gear, and maybe this is the issue.

Hi guys, i was facing all kind of problems listed here!! But the worst was the stop of the song after trying some scratch!
So i did two things that solved the problem:
The first thing to do is turn on the idj, open the djay app and wait a couple minutes until all get in sync.
the second was related with the power outlet! I decided to use power stabilizer, due to the problems related here!
Now everything is working fine!! A friend did the same and everything is working for him too!
So i think that this problem is fixed doing this!
Bye

Hi guys, i was facing all kind of problems listed here!! But the worst was the stop of the song and the platters after trying some scratch!
The first thing to do is turn on the idj, open the djay app and wait a couple minutes until all get in sync.
the second was related with the power source! I decided to use an power stabilizer, due to the problems related here!
Now everything is working fine!! A friend did the same and everything is working for him too!
So i think that this problem can be fixed doing this!
Bye

Hi guys, i was facing all kind of problems listed here!! But the worst was the stop of the song after trying some scratch!
the second was related with the power outlet! I decided to use power stabilizer, due to the problems related here!
So i think that this problem is fixed doing this!
Bye